Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: My 4th live Coronation (803 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: June 10, 2018 06:26PM

Many thanks to the TG backyard band! Always welcoming people and it is enjoyable to put faces to a name. trackjohn said his best weather days were behind him but loved how engaged in the races you were from the moment we met. After seeing record Derby and Preakness weekend rainfalls, the perfect weather you delivered was much needed and worth the price of admission to the backyard alone.

Magicnight should be a front man for Thorograph traveling the country hawking TG's wares in exchange for travel costs to the big days. He has just the personality for meeting new people, engaging them, and with his industry connections could position himself in prominent places at every track. It would also position you well for your bi-weekly writing requirements! As I said, you and Frank (and richiebee) should do a Bluegrass/Ark Derby next year. It will an experience you will never forget esp if richiebee goes as he knows the terrain of those parts from yesteryear. (April 6 and April 13 presumably)

Belmont3 was as affable as ever and always a pleasure to spend time with you! The fashion was terrific as you say but it was more the lack of fashion on many of those patrons that was unbelievable! Summer time has arrived in New York we can all confirm!

As for the backyard, if it is soon to be deceased as FrankD wrote, it is a real shame. That was my first time to Belmont and it was just a terrific experience like a mini-Saratoga backyard. I don't know of any tracks with a true backyard (trees, grass, picnic tables, benches, tellers, rest rooms, etc) setup like Belmont and Saratoga. (Keeneland's Hill is like a mile walk across the property not next to the building). Belmont and Saratoga's backyards makes for such a great experience even if you have seats inside or in the grandstand also. You can watch the races live in your seats if you want (like the Belmont) and hang out and relax without being confined to a seat all day in the backyard when you want. Casual fans don't want to sit in one seat all day to watch races. And the concrete areas underneath grandstands isn't the fun place either for new fans. If Belmont is doing away with it for other profitable and hospitable measures (hotel?), that's too bad.

But I guarantee Saratoga's backyard will still be alive and well for as far as we can see in our lifetimes. With that said, I'll be there for Travers and hope I meet all of you again and Uncle Bill and richiebee better be there! I might sneak a Whitney or Alabama weekend in if someone twists my arm or if cheap flights still remain for me to buy!

Subject Written By Posted
My 4th live Coronation (1492 Views) FrankD. 06/10/2018 01:30AM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (952 Views) Tavasco 06/10/2018 01:53AM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (950 Views) belmont3 06/10/2018 12:29PM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (827 Views) trackjohn 06/10/2018 04:24PM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (834 Views) trackjohn 06/10/2018 04:24PM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (827 Views) TG Jeff 06/10/2018 06:01PM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (803 Views) Fairmount1 06/10/2018 06:26PM
Re: My 4th live Coronation (742 Views) BB 06/12/2018 12:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.