Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (1259 Views)
Posted by: Agastache (IP Logged)
Date: April 29, 2019 12:17PM

Not a lot of talk about the "other big race" this week and there's probably good reason for it. I find the race very confusing and am anxiously awaiting the seminar to help clear things up.

From my limited knowledge of sheet reading- Bellafina looks like the one most likely to win the race- with the big 2 year old top, exceeding the top, getting the bounce out of the way, and returning to the top. But, I assume there are reasons to bet against her as the favorite- that Breeders' Cup debacle last fall and the bo/bi that accompanies her figs.

With that said, nothing sticks out behind her. Restless Rider looked like a filly that was ready to move forward, but she draws the 14 hole. After that, this field looks about as average as any Oaks field ever assembled.

Why is Baffert running Flor de la Mar? Is she getting ready to make an Arrogate-like move forward on Friday? Champagne Anyone is supposedly working well, but she's on the slow side.

Chocolate Kisses intrigues me a bit as it looks like there's no way to avoid a fast pace with Motion Emotion winging it early and Serengeti Empress in hot pursuit from the 13 hole. 'Kisses' ran a nice fig at Oaklawn and then bounced hard, but has had several weeks since the big OP number. Her lineage is stellar, gets pace setup, and it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to see her squeeze out a new top by 1 point or so with the right trip. Speaking of trips- everybody craps on Leparoux, but he knows how to time the finish line.

Help?

Subject Written By Posted
Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (1259 Views) Agastache 04/29/2019 12:17PM
Re: Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (919 Views) BitPlayer 04/29/2019 12:38PM
Re: Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (995 Views) toppled 04/29/2019 02:15PM
Re: Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (962 Views) Mike C 04/29/2019 03:45PM
Re: Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (879 Views) toppled 05/01/2019 11:28AM
Re: Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (828 Views) NoCarolinaTony 05/01/2019 12:57PM
Re: Bellafina Romps In Kentucky Oaks? (924 Views) sekrah_ 05/01/2019 01:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.