Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Preakness Prices & Opportunities (1254 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2019 07:21AM

According to the Pimlico Race Course tote board at 7 p.m. ET Friday. Apparently these the prices as of Friday evening tend to closely approximate the race time odds.

Understanding perceived opportunities are in the end subjective no matter how strong ones opinion is. So we consider it an opportunity when the estimated win probability is noticeable greater or lesser than we consider appropriate.

Note - TG analysis has the disadvantage of projected odds as of Wednesday or Thursday. Horses they like to run well and consider bettable @ 10/1 are a different proposition @ 9/2 for instance. I have not looked at TG's Preakness analysis so any cracks I might make are coincidental.

#04 Improbable 5/2
? given BB's win % if he's an underlay he's not a terrible one.

#02 Bourbon War 9/2
I've read that no rags sheet player worth his salt would not bet Bourbon War. Apparently they all got out early else this one is headed to co-favoritism.

#07 Always Smiling 5/1
Hometown crowd and winning record is enough to attract a lot of action.

[i]Note win betting the #2 & #7 is of comparable value as using #4 Bafferts Favorite at these prices.[/i]

#01 War of Will 7/1
Looks like he won't have to carry as much expectation as originally estimated. IMHO the two last off the board finishes scared away many to the benefit of his backers. If you liked him earlier you like him more today.

#05 Owendale 9/1
Not surprising he's comparable to #12

#12 Anothertwistafate 10/1
I don't expect to see this one double digits ever again. (I'm a GG fan)

So dutching the 1,5 12 is a little short of the favorites probability

#13 Win Win Win 12/1
add this one to the prior 3 gets about the same chance of winning as using the second and 3rd choices

#03 Warrior's Charge 16/1
Seemingly this one will be part of the pace and if you don't think he'll stop bet him with both hands.

#09 Bodexpress 17/1
Still has fans but you won't find them among those who don't know what they don't know

#08 Signalman 18/1
OK I'll draw a line through the FOY his first outing this tear with suicidal pace. Otherwise he's never been off the board and in some of the most prominent 2 y/o races. My opinion is a fast pace today is to his advantage don't be too surprised if he is not as far back as you expect like near his buddy Improbable mid race.

#11 Laughing Fox 23/1
? looks an insignificant underlay to me

#06 Market King 25/1

#10 Everfast 30/1

Strategy?
Everyone has their own and I'll be considering tossing the favorite and 40% of the pool from ex & tri.

Or Tossing the 2nd and third choices and using the next three or four vertically with the favorite.

Intuitively I still like Win Win Win & Signalman it's kinda fun being the only guy standing on the table yelling come on 8 get him up.

Subject Written By Posted
Preakness Prices & Opportunities (1254 Views) Tavasco 05/18/2019 07:21AM
Re: Preakness Prices & Opportunities (819 Views) BitPlayer 05/18/2019 09:30AM
Re: Preakness Prices & Opportunities (772 Views) johnnym 05/18/2019 10:16AM
Re: Preakness Prices & Opportunities (702 Views) JR 05/18/2019 10:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.