Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
South Beach Bringing the Heat (934 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: March 01, 2020 09:32PM

A few brief and general highlights from a weekend to remember! (Details might get me or others in trouble.....)

An outstanding and beyond memorable time at Gulfstream Park with TGJB, Uncle Bill, Roger N., Shanahan, trackjohn, johnnym, and meeting Silver Charm (the self proclaimed instigator), Ray, and Howard of 11th St. Diner Fame! One other friend remains nameless as I'm not sure if he or Jerry wants me to mention him by name but a sincere Thanks for all of the hospitality including driving Shanahan to chase gals into the late Friday night and early Sat morning after we were lost in a quarter mile area for over 30 minutes (And Yes, it wasn't ME this time out causing trouble at all hours of the night. Shanahan had the honors after taking several shots of tequila)!

FYI. If you have never been to the 11th St. Diner, it is an absolute MUST if you are ever in South Florida. It is a beyond memorable, once in a lifetime kind of spot. Mark it down as an absolute MUST! (Silver, have you been?) Now imagine spending it with friends who discuss stories of racing from years gone by such as Coronado's Quest, Saratoga, jockeys, trainers, and stories galore. It is a place anyone would feel welcome and enjoy.

The Midwestern folks voted vigorously against Peruvian cuisine last night by the way and won out on that one. There were countless stories told and experiences that I think nearly everyone there needed to enjoy and laugh about this weekend!

I'll try to get nicely nicely a photo or two for him to put on Twitter later this week.

Special thanks to Uncle Bill who made the trip down to see all of us and let us laugh about many of his capers including the Sunday (sundae) story as well as the double fried in bacon grease egg sandwich with extra fatty sauce he makes for everyone in upstate NY.

My intent is to see all of you and the entire backyard crew on Whitney weekend at Saratoga if they would ever announce the exact date (Aug 1st or 8th). A few laughs, several winners, and the now world famous Egg Sandwich are all awaiting all of us for a weekend among friends. If I'm lucky enough I'll pull off Labor Day weekend also like last year but that's unlikely.

#Can'tWait

Subject Written By Posted
South Beach Bringing the Heat (934 Views) Fairmount1 03/01/2020 09:32PM
Re: South Beach Bringing the Heat (563 Views) johnnym 03/02/2020 10:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.