Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Exacta Betting (341 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2023 09:15PM

Many folks "in the industry" like to say the CRW's aren't going anywhere and aren't leaving. Namely that includes one person I really respect as a handicapper.

But he and others keep retorting that NYRA is the only place that has done anything significant about the CRW's. That they eliminate them from the win Pool at 3 mtp (or 2 mtp depending on who you read or hear talk about it) and eliminating them from the late pick 5. This raises an issue I still have not conquered in my mind and it also states something that simply is not true although it could be in the current state of affairs.

1. Eliminating the CRW's from the WIN pool at 2 or 3 mtp. Like the place and show pool, the WIN bet is the SIMPLEST bet one can make. Notice they don't say ANYTHING about if they are eliminated from the PLACE AND SHOW pools to SEE patterns of wagering they rely upon for their LATE last second bets.

So while I agree they may be cutting off their "Access" to the win pool information at that point, they certainly can't cut off their ability to WAGER on it. And they haven't said they have eliminated the similar Place and Show Pools. Oh they can't upload "batch" bets of hundreds of win bets at once? What does that mean? Is $200 the maximum WIN bet in a single wager? I'm genuinely curious on this front. Do they have to send in as many $200 win bets as possible like "retail" customers? Or can one wager $1000 in one keystroke from all ADW's? Even if so, they could still bet from a Straw Man's Account 3 bets per second I think M.Gramm stated. So couldn't they still chase the win pool all they wanted to that degree that a retail players does? It is a SIMPLE one horse wager. I mean Come on.

Now they can SCAN those exacta pools until the last moment and presumably the PLACE AND SHOW pools and who knows what they can and can't see. That's also NEVER discussed while NYRA is "combatting" CRW influence. I mean can they see that someone made a wager on a Rising Graph horse is out of line with other bets in the exacta pool and then they fire on that horse. Can they see a Mott horse is taking the same $12k of money from a certain location they've seen successfully before and they know to go after that horse b/c they have seen that in the past? I don't know the answers to what their "access" to the pool is and I don't genuinely believe they are excluded from the Win pool if they don't want to be other than they can't "SEE" or "ACCESS" the amounts and locations (?) and Identities of some sort (?) of these win bets. But they still can for doubles, exactas, place and show pool. Amazing no one ever comments on that isn't it?? All ears for someone to share that with me more details.

2. Oaklawn Park as I have posted about in the past EXCLUDED the CRW's altogether. That may NOT be true today but at least for 4 years before COVID I know they did. I was on a first name basis with the person in charge of TOTE down there until that person moved on. And I would call every year and talk to them about the CRW's and excluding them. The person told me in great detail how the CRW's would try to "sneak" in under someone else's (major player in ADW world) access and make wagers. And then Oaklawn would see it and catch it and then CUT off access for that outlet for a period of time. They said they would keep them out and paid attention closely. That person no longer works at Oaklawn and the person I spoke to the next year about it was clueless about this issue. So I can't say that is still true that CRW's are excluded. But for NYRA shills to keep saying NO one else has done anything to combat this is flat out wrong. I like the guy but simply Wrong.

I've also heard Tampa has excluded them at times. So a p5 and 2 mtp on a win pool isn't exactly in the same area code as eliminating them altogether as at least Oaklawn and possibly Tampa have done in the past at a minimum.

If anyone knows the current status of CRW's at Oaklawn and Tampa, I'd be curious also.

Subject Written By Posted
Paul Matties (592 Views) Fairmount1 08/21/2023 09:21PM
Re: Exacta Betting (410 Views) BitPlayer 08/23/2023 06:56PM
Re: Exacta Betting (333 Views) Socalman3 08/23/2023 09:10PM
Re: Exacta Betting (331 Views) Fairmount1 08/23/2023 09:19PM
Re: Exacta Betting (341 Views) Fairmount1 08/23/2023 09:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.