Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
BC Picks (672 Views)
Posted by: HP (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2004 01:52PM

I won't have time to do this later, and you only have a chance to be this wrong once a year...

DISTAFF

ASHADO gets weight and rail, and even if she bounces it's hard to see her out of the tri. TAMWHEEL gives me pause, but fits at a square price. I can get behind INDY GROOVE more as a real live longshot. ISLAND FASHION should run her race.

JUVENILE FILLIES

I like CULINARY. SWEET CATOMINE and BALLETTO worry me the most. SENSE OF STYLE looks fast enough, but has been on a tight schedule, no thanks at a short price. I can see using DANCE AWAY CAPOTE, CULTURE CLASH and SHARP LISA under. Yes, CULTURE CLASH. With the 2yos I think it's best to find the ones that haven't fired yet. If she didn't get such a TERRIBLE draw I might've used her in exactas too.

MILE

I'm reading that Whipper seems to be having a tough time down there, and looks hot. Maybe by race time he will straighten out. I think five horses have a chance of winning -- WHIPPER, SPECIAL RING, ARTIE SCHILLER, SINGLETARY and SIX PERFECTIONS. All eyes on NOTHING TO LOSE here, but at a short price, I'll assume another Frankel bust and adjust after... I just can't imagine SOARING FREE not folding late...

SPRINT

I like BWANA CHARLIE and CHAMPALI on top. At 50-1, they are forcing me to use ABBONDANZA. I think PT'S GREY EAGLE could continue improving at a price -- definitely will use under. I'm still trying to decide on CAJUN BEAT. GOLD STORM may be worth throwing on as an under too.

FILLY & MARE TURF

Brutal. I will toss OUIJA BOARD, betting on an Arc bounce. Even so... FILM MAKER is definitely a use on top. I'll have to decide on WONDER AGAIN based on the announced condition of the turf and how the Euros do in the Mile. Otherwise SUPER BRAND, MOSCOW BURNING and AUBONNE should be on my tickets as well. We'll see how much I feel like spending. I'm less into YESTERDAY than I was early in the week...but the Lasix and blinkers are certainly intersting. Price will tell the tale.

JUVENILE

Of the five obvious contenders, SUN KING and CONSOLIDATOR look like the most value. However, I am interested in SCANDANAVIA. Unless I am reading this wrong, he is a half to COMPOSURE, who ran well at 2. First lasix. At 15-1 he may be worth a flyer, and I may use him in the exactas, heavier with the longer priced contenders.

TURF

I hear POWERSCOURT is also running "hot" down there. STAR OVER THE BAY and STRUT THE STAGE look like the value. There may be nice payoffs using them under KITTEN'S JOY as well.

CLASSIC

To GZap or not GZap, that is the question. I like BIRDSTONE. I think FUNNY CIDE will take money but will not run his best after a long year. ROSES IN MAY has a better chance to hit the board. PLEASANTLY PERFECT is just not exciting to me at 3/1. If the ML holds up I would probably just play BIRDSTONE to win (maybe I will play some DD's w the TURF).

Good luck! HP

Subject Written By Posted
BC Picks (672 Views) HP 10/29/2004 01:52PM
Re: BC Picks........ HP (393 Views) Michael D. 11/03/2004 08:21PM
Re: BC Picks........ HP (394 Views) HP 11/04/2004 07:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.