Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Couple of Opinions (645 Views)
Posted by: jimbo66 (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2004 09:13PM

Distaff:

What is wrong with Tamwheel. Five starts on dirt, 3 wins and 2 second place finishes. She chased a loose on the lead Adoration at Arlington and held well for 2nd and then cut the fractions and held 2nd against Azeri at keenland. The only horses that have beat her on dirt are BC Distaff champs. She draws cozy inside, figures to get loose on the lead. She has the T-Graph "number power" to win, with a couple of races in the "0" range. And best of all, she will be low double digit odds.

F&M Turf:

Have to love betting a race when all the experts on TV and in the DRF are calling the European import "unbeatable". Oiuja Board drops back to last and will try to make a huge late run on the tight 7/8 mile course. And she will be 4-5. Wonder Again has had trouble shipping before, but at 6-1 or thereabouts, she is the best America has to offer. Post 12 is a bit troublesome, but there is almost zero early speed in the race and she has a bit of tactical speed. I trust Prado to get her out, and position her in the pack right behind Moscow Burning, sitting hopefully 3rd or 4th. She gets "first run" on Oiuja Board and wins.

Juvenile:

Have to bet against the early season "big number" horses, Afleet Alex and Roman Ruler. Let them beat me. Proud Accolade eased to the lead in the Champagne like he was going to win by 10, but then seemed to get a bit tired. He may not want a two turn race. Zito usually skips the Juvenile but he is sending Sun King this time and he drew he rail and gets a jockey change to Edgar Prado. By Charismatic, he should "move up" going two turns. Bet him to win but also use Consolidator in multi-race bets and exotics as he imp;roved going two turns and depending on what Roman Ruler does, Consolidator could get loose on the lead.

Turf:

Even though their "numbers" look good, Magistretti and Powerscourt have both trained poorly this week. Kitten's Joy might be too good for these, but I will use Star Over the Bay with Kitten's Joy in the Pick-4 and look for value in the exactas and trifectas by throwing out Powerscourt and Magistretti and using the others underneath Kitten's Joy and for smaller bets under Star Over the Bay.,

Classic:

I already posted under another thread. I think Ghostzapper is too fast for these, barring the Frankel BC collapse. Despite the way Pleasanty Perfect is training, I don't like his numbers in the two races this year after Dubai and will throw him out. I think the horses that run with Ghostzapper early are likely to die, and I will use a few true 1 1/4 horses behind him. Perfect Drift and Dynever, two "disappointments". I like the "Pat Day" off angle, expecting a more aggressive ride from Desormeaux, maybe the change will wake the horse up and he will remember he once ran down Mineshaft.

Good luck

Subject Written By Posted
Couple of Opinions (645 Views) jimbo66 10/29/2004 09:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.