Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Collusion in the BC Classic (412 Views)
Posted by: BitPlayer (IP Logged)
Date: November 13, 2004 10:00AM

I couldn't get to the Kling piece following the link that you posted, but this has been the topic of prior posts on this board. Frankly, I don't see the problem.

The way the BC Classic unfolded from a pace perspective was not a surprise. Haskin published a piece on the Bloodhorse site BEFORE the Breeders Cup saying that, because Ghostzapper has an aversion to dirt in the face (he's no dummy) and was starting from the one hole, he would be sent. Frankel was quoted in the article. RIM and Azeri were both rated in their races immediately prior to the BC, so it was predictable that they would be rated in the Classic if GZ went. I seem to recall a TV commentator making that point in some form immediately before the race went off.

Trainers announcing before the race that they are sending their horse to the lead and that others must sit off the pace or get cooked is nothing new. Biancone did it with Lion Heart in this year's Derby. Baffert did it a couple of years back with War Emblem.

I'm sure conversations between trainers or jockeys of frontrunners are also nothing new. If memory serves, several years back, ABC caught Desormeaux (tracking the pace on Free House) on tape as the field was running down the backside telling the jockey on the pacesetter that he could go a slow as he wanted.

Subject Written By Posted
Collusion in the BC Classic (722 Views) xichibanx 11/13/2004 08:27AM
Re: Collusion in the BC Classic (422 Views) Silver Charm 11/13/2004 10:00AM
Re: Collusion in the BC Classic (412 Views) BitPlayer 11/13/2004 10:00AM
Re: Collusion in the BC Classic (385 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 11/13/2004 11:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.