Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Posting Mood/Hollywood Futurity (635 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: December 09, 2004 04:27PM

One last topic for the day. I'm usually not inclined to share track bias "insights", but I've come to discuss them here a bit for a number of reasons. This one I want to discuss beforehand because I'm not certain, its more theory than certainty. I've also taken a "contrarian" position on the B.C. Classic and I need to go all the way out on the limb with it so I'm not taking cheap shots at our host.

My feeling is wide was bad at Lone Star. Very bad. The Breeders Cup Juvenile is the other race that sheds some light on that. The horses that finished 1-2 ran wide. That fact on its face doesn't bode well for my contention. But, I want to look at it more closely. I rated Afleet Alex as a major wager. I think he ran a HUGE race under the circumstances. He got in trouble at the start and raced wide the whole way. I think he ran as wide or wider than Wilco. Wilco was racing wide near the end of the race and didn't rally until he was able to get a couple paths off the rail in the stretch. In my opinion, that was a good path and that was a "factor" in his resurgence. I think Sun King was a little too close to the rail from a bias perspective, but he saved all the ground.

What does all that mean? Well Wilco earned a 2.3 TFig. I think it was a "healthy" 2.3. He's the Breeders Cup Juvenile winner, so he's going to receive some play in the Hollywood Futurity. He's got DeClans Moon and Proud Accolade to deal with. If he's on form and the track was as biased as I believe on Breeders Cup Day. I think he'll win. The threat of course is Moon on his home track. I need to evaluate his figures and that will have to wait til closer to race time.

CtC

Subject Written By Posted
Posting Mood/Hollywood Futurity (635 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 12/09/2004 04:27PM
Re: Posting Mood/Hollywood Futurity (343 Views) 12/09/2004 04:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.