Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Unbridled's Song (546 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: December 21, 2004 03:04AM

I'm getting old and my memory is not what it was, but, if i'm not mistaken, theres an interesting fabric in the 2005 Run for the Roses. This year, the eccentric Japanese owner Fusao Sekiguchi (sic?) purchased a pin hooked horse by the sire of his Kentucky Derby winner Fusaichi Pegasus. The horse of course is "FuSham" and he is a record two year old in training purchase of 4.5 million. (I'm sure he's also a record for his consignor because they picked him up at the yearling sales for about 250K is my recollection.) At any rate Seguchi attempted to purchase another Derby contender of note name Unbridled's Song in 1995. I believe the sale fell through when Sekiguchi's vet failed to pass the horse. (At least that was the stated reason.) Unbridled's Song was a record two year old in training acquisition at the time if memory serves. (Over 1 million). His Owner "Ernie Paraneck" decided to race him instead. The rest is history. He was a darn good horse, if a little ouchy and when transferred to Nicky Zito, Nicky finished him off...lol.

Saturday, one of his named Rare Gift ran a nice 10 mark Aqueduct race. He's had some others that could hoof it. Unbridled Elaine comes to mind, Eurosilver and Splended Blended, a filly that just upset TGraph's ROTW. I've admired pedigrees before, but I've always been enthralled with Unbridled Song's. He is an outstanding looking racehorse for a distance of ground and even if he didn't really want 10 marks (which is very much debatable) hes going to throw a good one that does because his genetic background is there and the horse on his best day could really run. Heres the horses picture. He's a physical specimen:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=UNBRIDLEDS+SONG

The horse I raise this over is Rockport Harbor of course. Rockport looks a little lite on the dam side, but he's a grey and UB's best seem to have grey coats. I'm also factoring the amazingly hot John Servis. I don't believe in coincidence.

That said I have to mention Burt Bacharach. The man had two horses back to back named Soul of the Matter and Afternoon Deelites. He hasn't been heard from since. What makes it all even more improbable is that his two horses were colts by the same sire. (Private Terms). Private Terms was a good horse and he bled in the Derby is my recollection. But at stud Private Terms has had only two grade I winners and two millionaires. You guessed it, they both belonged in consecutive years to Burt Bacharach. What are the odds of that? I keep that in mind when I state FuSham has NO prayer.

CtC

Post Edited (12-21-04 03:29)

Subject Written By Posted
Unbridled's Song (546 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 12/21/2004 03:04AM
Re: Unbridled's Song (354 Views) NoCarolinaTony 12/21/2004 11:26AM
Re: Unbridled's Song (334 Views) OPM 12/22/2004 12:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.