Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: rotw (309 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: January 15, 2005 09:14AM

I'm in line with Phil.

Essentially, you have three horses that look to make this race. And one that with Asmussen and Bailey you have to figure could move up large. However even then you have a weight spotting issue.

Of those that figure on figs, one just popped maiden on an off surface. This guy ran with Better than Bonds and beat a horse named Going Wild that doesn't look all that bad. That race was September. Can you hope to get maybe 7-2 in a six horse field and is that a good 7-2?

Biloxi stopped like he pulled a hammy last. I mean the brakes were squealing the tires smoking....he was fish tailin. Albarado jumps a Seattle Slew with that breeding? I missed the breeding at first but I'm sure the people surrounding Robbie know. What you gonna take 5-2 maybe 3-1? Are those good odds?

Storm Surge is pegged as sprinty and ouchy. I'm having trouble really ascertaining the ouchy. He has run on front bandages for some time. I look at the couple month freshing after the very disappointing grade I Hopeful as a positive. He's better than he was when the Hopeful was run and I'm not so sure the track condition agreed with him that day. The layoff doesn't look so long as to indicate a problem as evidenced by the handy win over Spanish Chestnut on B.C. day. I like the looks of that race. Thereafter he ran after a pretty good horse in Greater Good. He bumped some, tried to go between and failed at two turns. It was a four point X. Now he comes back with a solid six marks under his belt. They say too solid and he is spotting all the weight. It may be a tough spot, but is it tougher than the spots the others are in? Thats an odds question.

I may have the odds wrong. I may not be weighing Asmussens horse the way the crowd is going to weigh him, but I can't see much of a reason to take a chance on this race. I like to see a horse that gives me the good feeling and I don't see him here. Actual Odds could change that.

CtC

Subject Written By Posted
rotw (676 Views) spa 01/14/2005 10:46PM
Re: rotw (377 Views) Florida Phil 01/15/2005 08:24AM
Re: rotw (309 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 01/15/2005 09:14AM
Re: rotw (398 Views) spa 01/15/2005 12:57PM
Re: rotw (351 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 01/15/2005 01:14PM
Re: rotw (364 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 01/15/2005 06:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.