Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (1033 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: January 24, 2005 02:14PM

Marc sent me an e-mail saying his post on the Ragozin board wasn't referring to us. My response:

1-- How disingenous, because you have a little credibility problem. You are the same guy who posted PUBLICLY that he had credible information about ethical misconduct by high ranking TG employees, and when given a chance to either back it up or withdraw it publicly, did neither. Instead you sent me an e-mail telling me that your "information" was an ALLEGATION, made by the Ragozin office (very credible), about the conduct of someone WHILE HE WORKED FOR THEM, NOT US. But, of course, as far as the public knows, you have information that someone at Thoro-Graph has done something really bad.

2-- So, given your history of taking shots at us in public (and I could probably produce another 10 posts as evidence), who would the readers of your post about the NTRA contest think you were referring to, especially since your post came right on the heels of several by me revealing Michelson was one of our customers, and was not made on a general site like the Derby List (where you post), but on Ragozin's? How do you think your post would have played if I hadn't responded to it? How many Ragozin guys would have concluded I was lying, and may even now?

3-- You DIRECTLY used your connection with DRF to provide credibility for your remarks, making it look like you had inside information that we were lying-- you said that as a result of your job with DRF you had direct contact with contest winners. Right?

4-- Jamie Michelson called me an hour ago BECAUSE he saw your post, to tell me that he definitely used our data, and that ESPN got lots of shots of him doing it.

5-- Private e-mails, like the one you sent me today, and the one you sent me after the claim of ethical misconduct, don't mean squat. Public act, public recantation and apology, and the vague one with the apology to Friedman(!) won't do. I'll give you until I come into the office tomorrow (Tuesday) to post one, with the word Thoro-Graph in it, in the same place you gave the false impression. I suggest strongly you do it, and I further suggest you ask them to leave it up.

I'm going to try to end this subject (Marc's nonsense) here. There are far better and more pleasant things to discuss about the contest.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (1033 Views) TGJB 01/24/2005 02:14PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (580 Views) TGJB 01/24/2005 04:07PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (555 Views) Silver Charm 01/29/2005 09:54AM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (572 Views) Mall 01/31/2005 05:59PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (1600 Views) TGJB 01/31/2005 06:12PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (541 Views) Mall 01/31/2005 08:46PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (520 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/01/2005 08:35AM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (545 Views) Silver Charm 01/31/2005 10:40PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (492 Views) richiebee 02/01/2005 01:38PM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (559 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/01/2005 07:55AM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (589 Views) richiebee 02/01/2005 11:59AM
Re: Open Letter To Marc Attenberg (513 Views) MO 02/01/2005 12:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.