Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Horseman Policy (385 Views)
Posted by: SoCalMan2 (IP Logged)
Date: February 02, 2005 04:59AM

TGJB

Actually, it gets even more confusing. In the article in the link far below, Glassman claims that it was all his idea to claim MT (I wonder what product Glassman used).

Having looked at MT's Thorograph sheet, I did notice that MT had made a nice step forward in the race just before he was claimed (and he did follow up on it even further in the race he was claimed out of); there was a certain logic to the claim based on that forward indicator. I do not know what MT's Ragozin Sheet looked like but am curious.

I recall there being an old debate about the way sprint and route figures were done at some Southern California tracks. You contended (and I believe were vindicated) that Ragozin was shortchanging one type of race at the expense of the other. I wonder if this issue may have impacted the MT sheet one way or the other? The race which was the key indicator on Thorograph was 1 1/16 at Santa Anita on 10/31 2003 (R4) (ironic date for a trick or treat). It also happened to be MT's first dirt race at Santa Anita.

Also, isn't it strange that Ragozin-customer-Sadler chose to run this guy back on one week's rest after two new tops? (This is especially strange since the horse was coming from run em every week Abrams who himself even seemed to be learning at the end that this horse runs better with a bit of time between efforts).

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=52502&subsec=2

Subject Written By Posted
Horseman Policy (546 Views) TGJB 01/31/2005 04:44PM
Re: Horseman Policy (367 Views) TGJB 02/01/2005 01:39PM
Re: Horseman Policy (385 Views) SoCalMan2 02/02/2005 04:59AM
Re: Horseman Policy (328 Views) 02/01/2005 03:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.