Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Godda Figures (759 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2005 12:23AM

Synopsis of New York State Attorney General authorized undercover operation.
Code Name: “Figure Flounder”
Individuals surveilled :
Len Ragozin, aka “Len”, also known as “Two Guns”, “Two Lies”, “Len the Weasel”, “Crazy Odds”.
Lenny Friedman, aka “Lenny”, also known as “Loafers”, “Lenny the Mark” “Horse Choker”, “Two Bets”, “G.Q. Dresser”
Marc Attenberg, aka “Marky Mark”, also known as “Mr Spin”, “Karl Rove”, “Carville”, “BS”

Summary of investigation into conspiracy to defame and overcome competitive disadvantage.

Surveillance: Phone taps, Wired informant, Listening devices and lip reading. Agency has a compelling interest in withholding the informant’s identification to insure his safety and not jeopardize ongoing investigations.

Circumstances: Attorney General authorized informant has gained access and confidence of surveilled with participation in key strategy meetings while wearing judicially authorized body wiring. Informant referred to herein as “Mole”.

Department begins to play surveillance tape:

Mole to Len: “Howyadoin?”
Len to Mole: “Howyadoin”
Mole to Lenny: “Howyadoin?”
Lenny to Mole: “Howyadoin”
Mole to Marky Mark: “Howyadoin?”
Marky Mark to Mole” “Howyadoin”

Department stops tape, inquires of “Mole”:

Department: “Whats with this “Howyadoin?, what’s it all mean?””

Mole: “Oh that….yeah, well, Howyadoin means, “hello how are ya.” But, sometimes it means “ya got any action” or other times it means “Have ya hit nothing this week?”. You know and other times it means like “have you lost very much on the sheets today?” ya know, in a sorrowful kinda way. But at other times when they say it to like a Tfigs guy, it means “you sonofabitch, I hate you”, even though the words are just “howyadoin”, but it don’t really mean that then, you see?”

Department: “Uhhh, not really, lets proceed”

Cassette is turned on.

Lenny: “Len, we gotta talk bout the business”

Len: “I told ya to call me “Godda Figures” how many time do I hafta repeat maself, don’t you ever learn nuttin?”

Lenny: “I’m sorry God… I’m sorry. You know I’d lay it down for you… But Len….I mean God, the business isn’t really going as good as it use to and da boys and I been thinking”

Len: “JESSUS…. you know I don’t’ like it when you try and do that Lenny. Last time you was thinking ya know what happened”

Lenny: “God dat wasn’t my fault. Forest Wildcats can really hoof it and we hadda chance to get that one cheap. The boys in the chart room got so deep into da fig they didn’t realize that McAnally forgot to bet the first outing. Actually they forgot McAnally trained him too”

Len: “Lenny, how many times I warn you? How many times did I say “Lenny, don’t buy no horses from Dutrow or a good trainer.” You think you gonna out wiseguy a wiseguy like that. What got into ya?”

Lenny “I know now God, I know, but that’s why we gotta talk….we need a something to spark da interest. We need a good horse we can really recommended, so we don’t look like amateurs compared to Da Kid”.

Len: “For crying out loud Lenny, if I said it once I said it a goddamn thousand times, don’t ever mention the goddamn Kid in my presence again. I rue da day I took dat backstabbing traitor in and gave him a job and now look how he repays me?”

Lenny: “Len its just that we still got Hot Wells on our webpage and theres fans in da game now that nevah hearda Hot Wells. We gotta go current. We gotta find da spark. The other thing going down is……”

Len: “The other thing going down is what Lenny? Say it”

Lenny: “I’m afraid to say it God, you don’t like when I talk bout the Kid.”

Len: “Oh JESSUS CHRIST, just say it”

Lenny: “Da Kid is winning handicapping contests with his figures God. His guys are talking the top spots. Guys that use his goddam lucky figures”

Len: “I knew it, it just keeps getting worse and worse. My mother told me to be a fireman. If I’d listened I’d have a pension now. What are we gonna do?”

Lenny: “We got Marc Attenberg from the Daily Racing Form on our side spreading innuendo to discredit the Kid. You know I’d die for ya Len, but what we really need is a good horse.”

Len: “Damn if that aint the truth, I haven’t hit a bomb in 20 years.”

Lenny: “I mean for the webpage Len.”

Len: “Oh……..right”

Lenny: “Len, can I go work for Da Kid?”

Len: “I always knew you were a rat”

Subject Written By Posted
Godda Figures (759 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/21/2005 12:23AM
Re: Godda Figures (374 Views) Michael D. 02/21/2005 12:33AM
Re: Godda Figures (386 Views) 4singles2all 02/21/2005 09:21AM
Re: Godda Figures (408 Views) gvido 02/21/2005 06:40AM
Re: Godda Figures (448 Views) TGJB 02/21/2005 12:17PM
Re: Godda Figures (435 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/21/2005 12:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.