Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
You Get What You Pay For (596 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: February 27, 2005 04:30PM

I can't bet on Sunland Park, so for the price of nothing, you get the Chuckles the Clown "Borderland Derby" bet. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

I like Thor's Echo to draft just behind Dover Dere and Cajun Pepper, projecting no more than one wide. He's light, He's fast, he's got Nakatani. I think O'Neil believes this horse can get two turns in this company. I'm seeing distance limitations in Dover Dere. He is a Cherokee Run.

El Batalion - Has a good hole, tactical speed and has run two good looking races to me. Why? Surface Change to deeper tracks? Maybe that puts him in a more difficult spot here. He'll have to move forward to win in my opinion, but I think he has to be included.

Southern Africa - needs to get into the race quicker, note the blinkers. Possible he likes quicker surfaces like Hollywood. Well, hes got one. This one can't be left out.

Quiet Money - Appears to be headed in the right direction again. Up agaisnt it on general pace style and though I love last workout, I'd prefer more recent.

I don't like maiden winners, but the horse I'd be on is Thor's Echo trained by Doug O'Neil. Hes fast on a fast track and hes light. General maiden fields generally suck, but whatever he beat last he beat in good time from an outside challenge and he's been trained to relax by a top notch guy with a big stable to school him with. Cajun Pepper can not be ignored on that record and his home track. If I could bet I'd put Thor atop and box with Cajun to protect.

I'd hope for 10-1 on Thor. Thats fair.

Good Luck, and remember...

Subject Written By Posted
You Get What You Pay For (596 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 02/27/2005 04:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.