Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Just For The Record (1696 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2002 05:08PM

A couple of posts appeared on the Ragozin site about Winstar using Ragozin. I posted a response, which is almost sure to be deleted. So...

Since Winstar bought Prestonwood, there have been some major changes. I have bought some horses for them--2 that have not started yet, and 8 which have. Of those 8, 3 have won stakes (including Pompeii and License Fee), and another 3 have placed in stakes. Nevertheless, Winstar felt I was charging too much, and has tried to get me to drastically reduce my rates, which I am not prepared to do. So in certain situations (when someone else shows them a horse, and they "just want to check a number") they use Ragozin, who charges them less than 10% of what I do.

This is the same way I lost Ernie Dahlman. At the time Ragozin had gone mass market, and I hadn't yet--I was still charging big players based on handle. The deal I had with Ernie encompassed both betting and data for his stable, and Ragozin undercut the price 75% or so. In general, we charge a lot more to horsemen--our track record dwarfs theirs. They basically sell lots of data to lots of horsemen for very small amounts of money, and (as I understand it) throw in some consulting with it.

As far as Elliot goes, he has brought me something like 10 clients over the years. It would be incorrect to read anything into this about him.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Just For The Record (1696 Views) TGJB 05/09/2002 05:08PM
Re: Just For The Record (1010 Views) kevin s 05/10/2002 01:14AM
Re: Just For The Record (1009 Views) TGJB 05/10/2002 04:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.