Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
OP 4/13: The Fifth Season (557 Views)
Posted by: Michael D. (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2005 04:02PM

very tough race, but a good one ...

separato - nice post. fast eough to be competitive at the weights. the "5" last out with no excuse is worrysome. pass

river mountain rd - i like the pattern. nice #'s at OP in '03 and '04. took it up a notch this year, and has two nice buried #'s. nice post post for a change. trip will be crucial for this closer, and the jock is a concern. still, my key at ml of 10-1.

clays awsome - fast enough to be competitive, but the small backwards move last is a concern. gets in a bit heavy too. a small use inderneath.

absent friend - had things his way last two and ran well. picks up serious weight here, and will close wide into an average pace. fast enough, but i have to try and beat as the 2-1 favorite.

mauk four - killed me on 3/13. fast enough to win, but i will let him beat me again at ml of 7-2. backed up to a "4" off similar pattern that day, and i expect the same here.

free thinking - nice horse with some fast #'s. i expect another run in the "1" range. carries a few extra lbs than my choice, and figures to lose a bit of ground. accounting for the trip and weight, a "3.5" is expected. use underneath at ml of 4-1.

missme - sneaky horse. had a few nice dirt figs at OP last year, and ran a buried "2.25" last out. get in light, and looks ready to run a good one for whiting. ground loss concern though, and the jock is 3 lbs over. a use underneath at a big price.

pro prado - no reason why he won't run another "1". gives some weight, and will lose ground. fast, but post makes him a use underneath.

i will key riven mountain rd at a decent price in this very tough race. CA, FT, miss, and PP are my uses underneath.

Subject Written By Posted
OP 4/13: The Fifth Season (557 Views) Michael D. 04/13/2005 04:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.