Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Posting Frenzy (1681 Views)
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2002 12:22PM

The beer is wearing off and its "Blue-Streak" typing time. But now thats its all over these things become apparent. Mike Watchmaker of the DRF is incompetent and a horrible handicapper. He needs to learn some things he ignored and he needs to diet and desperately needs a haircut. I'm not surprised he's there though. They still got that guy Hirsch making selections and he hasn't picked a winner in my lifetime. But Hirsh and Watchmaker are the perfect reverse barometers, when vacillating throw out their horses.

Thorographs selections were quizzical. They started with the theory that those running on two weeks rest weren't gonna get it done in the Preakness. They modified that stance by incorporating Proud Citizen into their selection ostensibly on the basis that Lukas horses run blue streaks in Kentucky. That implies medication usage. Why Thoro would back off War Emblem and Medaglia from a medication perspective is interesting. Maybe TGs stats show more than my merger notes. Anyway they backed off Medaglia and that was the key to the race in my estimation. He was every wise-guys horse at 3-1. If I have a wise guy horse I want 10-1 and Medaglia was almost favored, he was an easy toss. TG also went after Table Limit on the basis of a front running Keeneland 7 furlong time of 1:25:1, believing it equated to a negative 1.5. The only reason Table wasn't hustled to the front was he broke a half step slow and got steadied early. Table Limit will NEVER be Grade I two turn material.

But in the very end I think the horseracing gods played a role in this race. CryBobby tried to play with the Zen of the Turf. He took Pincay down when he shouldn't have and the racing God's didn't like that. He shipped in like a thief under cover of darkness. A Preakness Trophy with his name on it was snatched away from him. I hope he never wins a TC race...lol.

Tabitha

Subject Written By Posted
Posting Frenzy (1681 Views) Anonymous User 05/19/2002 12:22PM
oh the vet (1072 Views) Anonymous User 05/19/2002 12:27PM
Re: Posting Frenzy (1000 Views) Mark O'Keeffe 05/19/2002 10:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.