Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Back (570 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2005 01:44PM

It's going to take a couple of days to get my feet back under me, so those of you who directed questions at me should try again later in the week. SC, save that question about Derby tops for next week-- that's a good subject to discuss as we get closer to the race.

Some thoughts--

I hadn't been to Keenland since they got a track announcer (over 20 years), and it was fun, despite getting my head handed to me at the windows. I have more trouble with that place than any other major league track, and when people ask me why, my answer is if I knew that I wouldn't be losing. Looks to me like a big angle place-- an awful lot of horses don't fire, a few jump out of their skin and run huge, and that schism shows up in beaten length gaps and when I make the figures, with Turfway-like distibutions of tops and "x"'s. Some of the TP horses run at Kee, some don't. I got real antsy wearing a tie and shoes after two days and bailed on the fancy dining room, spending the final day with Frank's raunchy crew, minus Frank, who was headed back to Canada with what might be a broken foot suffered leaving the restaurant the night before. The waitress got a $200 tip that night, half for pain and suffering (hers, not Frank's), she earned it.

Good seeing Mall, Anderson, and NoCar Tony, who really looks like Brooklyn Tony. Scenery ain't bad at Keenland, by the way. Not Del Mar opening day, but what is. There don't seem to be a lot of horizontally challenged women in Lexington.

Derby preps-- You don't see a whole lot of major races where the winner runs at least 4 points better than anyone else, let alone FOUR of them in 8 days. Taking a fast look at the day it looks like Bandini ran negative, and I'm not talking about breaking the race out, either. We'll see. Haven't looked at AA yet, that's going to be an interesting number. On Ritchey-- he did a great job if the Arkansas Derby was his ultimate target. Now all he has to do is get him back over there again in three weeks, then two weeks, then three again. Looking forward to more 46 works.

By the way, this past weekend's Thoroughbred Times (Free Ragozin numbers!!) says they gave Buzzard's Bay the same number as Greeley's Galaxy (Free hallucinagens on eleventh street!!). Even the Beyer Californiaphiles knew better than that.

This Board-- there are a couple of guys who's posts are in the end really always about themselves, and it's getting annoying. There are also others who (with some justification) are getting both annoyed and annoying. Everybody grow up and knock it off. The only one who gets to be a self-indulgent child here is me.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Back (570 Views) TGJB 04/18/2005 01:44PM
Welcome Back (331 Views) Silver Charm 04/18/2005 02:46PM
Re: Back (335 Views) Bull 04/18/2005 04:48PM
Re: Back (313 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/19/2005 09:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.