Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (310 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2005 10:50AM

Eliminating Open Length finishers. I have to assume you mean from the win spot Jbel:

Wood: Probably no decision to make.

Arkansas: Greater Good had an excuse, Andromedas Hero is slow but improving and is a bit of a head case. Flower Alley is not a bad horse

Bluegrass: Most dangerous race of all to eliminate trailers.

Illinois Derby: No decision to make there as well.

The issue is speed:

Bellamy just ran a .46 on a fast track. Prior to that he tossed a .47 in and got worn down by Consolidator. He has a one turn mile of .45.3 at Hallandale

Sun King just turned in a poorish race and Prado got reamed out. He chose this horse over Noble Causeway. I think hes much more prominent Derby day, but have noted his quick 4 marks are in one turn races.

High Limit will be equipped with blinkers and just ran a 46.85 on a much slower surface. I think the rating experiment is over.

Consolidator ran a .46 in the San Felipe on a fast track too and though I think hes a bit slower Lukas has said enough to convince me he's going.

High Fly has run consistently low pace marks. His last was a .46. Though I think he'll settle about a length or two behind the pacers.

Rockport Harbor hasn't paced below 47 at two turns, but hes one I get the feeling certainly can. Watching him in the Lexington will probably be the key to his pace potential. He's certainly a front end type in his Past Performances.

Going Wild may not get in. The question is did he get discouraged chasing Bellamy or was he not right that day. I subscribe to the latter. His last win was on the lead. I think if he draws in Lukas sends him with Consolidator right on his heels.

The Key is gonna be how fast do they go, how far do they let the pace leader slip off. Bellamy has had it all his own way on pace the races hes won. Rocky doesn't know what its like to trail. The trailing experiment for High Limit is over, its Peace Rules or Bust. And I'm not even sure one of these three will have the lead. Theres some horses in here that will want to wing free. It could get interesting.

Subject Written By Posted
OPEN LENGTHS (644 Views) jbelfior 04/20/2005 09:20AM
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (356 Views) beyerguy 04/20/2005 10:15AM
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (331 Views) davidrex 04/20/2005 10:17AM
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (339 Views) jbelfior 04/20/2005 10:45AM
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (310 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/20/2005 10:50AM
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (329 Views) jbelfior 04/20/2005 11:40AM
Re: OPEN LENGTHS (363 Views) Blind Switch 04/20/2005 11:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.