Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Derby Day Dope (654 Views)
Posted by: Silver Charm (IP Logged)
Date: April 22, 2005 10:56PM

Interesting article by Hegarty on the DRF.com site regarding the increased emphasis on Drug Testing this year. While they haven't gone all the way to where they say they are eventually going it is at least a start.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/64396.html

This Board has been one the most vocal venues and I would like to think it had some impact maybe very little but some. Even Len Friedman was quoted (I guess Razzle was unavailable for comment) and he has been vocal, just not as much as perhaps TGJB, but he has used his pulpit to bring the issue embarassing visibility for officials who fought long and hard to keep doing nothing.

The Trainer comments are comical, those that said they only gave their horses Lasix and nothing more I say give up your Vet records. And when Baffert talks about if "you give a horse too much stuff he can be dulled" doesn't Point Given on Derby Day come to mind.

When he says the previous backstretch security was fine why would he care if he isn't spending the money on the increased security and "only" administered race day Lasix. Seems to me the increased security would benefit him.

More Testing and more Security, its only taken 125 years but somebody "brought enough heat" to force their hand enough to make them do it.

If it was us I say "lets have a toast."

Subject Written By Posted
Derby Day Dope (654 Views) Silver Charm 04/22/2005 10:56PM
Re: Derby Day Dope (365 Views) TGJB 04/23/2005 01:40PM
Re: Derby Day Dope (432 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/23/2005 01:52PM
Re: Derby Day Dope (365 Views) TGJB 04/23/2005 02:10PM
Re: Derby Day Dope (425 Views) Silver Charm 04/23/2005 02:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.