Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Self Indulgent Children (Sic?) (703 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2005 05:20PM

The following was posted by Indulto on the Ragozin site this afternoon. Now, I have commented on his writing before, but I won't this time-- great writing speaks for itself. I think one reference in there is to a comment I made on the "Derby Dope" string, other than that I'm open to translations. Anybody?

Self Indulgent Children (SIC?)

In a rare convergence of parallel universes, I was exposed to a “bait and stroke” experience similar to that of my usual opponent, though mine was off-board and hardly on the same “scale”. In my case, the Ex-Pres. (XPrs) complained of treatment not unlike T.J. Simers’ son-in-law, “The Bagger” [“stroke”] even as he offered me tidbits of cyber-events he knew I would find irresistible [“ bait”].

Given the fruit of said activity, I wish to applaud an unusual self-deprecating proclamation issued elsewhere, and to denounce a suspected, same-board-baiting of said poster by a shape-shifting, supposed supporter.

Rightly or wrongly, Dan Rather’s legacy is newly-focused attention on the credibility of individual journalists even as web-based sources continually attempt to discredit their stories. For the second time in several months, the DRF’s Matt Hegarty (MH) has come under attack on the website message board of a DRF competitor in response to his use of R-words in his columns.

The primary antagonist (PA) apparently feels free to denigrate MH’s motives and objectivity using contexts in which some may find his charges convincing. The first R-word, “Rebate”, is a repeat offender and much has already been made of MH’s infamous and notorious “negativity” on that subject.

The new R-word with respect to MH, however, is “Ragozin” as apparently exception was taken to MH’s quoting of a representative of that organization, but none of its competitors. XPrs pointed out that 1) Similar dissatisfaction had been expressed by the PA with a previous DRF article in which MH quoted the representative of a single “rebate shop”, but none from any of its competitors, and 2) “P-Val supporters are guilty of a similar practice when they echo the refrain ‘he always rides to win’, implying that others do not.”

In light of such impeccable logic, it would be improper to attribute any re-baited reaction to petty jealousy.

For those who have not already seen it:

Under the microscope By MATT HEGARTY 04/22/2005
http://www.drf.com/news/article/64396.html

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Self Indulgent Children (Sic?) (703 Views) TGJB 04/24/2005 05:20PM
Re: Self Indulgent Children (Sic?) (348 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/24/2005 05:55PM
Re: Self Indulgent Children (Sic?) (316 Views) Silver Charm 04/24/2005 09:04PM
Re: Self Indulgent Children (Sic?) (325 Views) shanahan 04/24/2005 09:24PM
Re: Self Indulgent Children (Sic?) (366 Views) marcus 04/24/2005 11:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.