Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Some thoughts on the new NYRA policies (513 Views)
Posted by: Thehoarsehorseplayer (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2005 09:47AM

Reading the NYRA website I see that 5 cc of Lasix is going to be the default amount administered to horses. But that a trainer can request to have a dosage of a different amount administered by the Track Vet.
Which makes me wonder if there is going to be any attempt made to keep the public informed of these dosage manipulations?

It seems to me the least the NYRA should do is keep a medication history that can be accessed through the web or through monitors at the track similar to the replay booths now in operation.

Of course, the public awareness of doage histories is going to create another image problem for the track if it turns out, as logic would predict, that there is a correlation between horses running with higher amounts of lasix breaking down more often.

Also, I wonder how same day detention barns are going to effect the flow of one day shippers into the New York tracks. I would expect a drastic cut back in horses shipping in from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, even in horses shipping in from Finger Lakes to Saratoga since the new rules put another six hours into any schedule.

Which should result in smaller fields. Perhaps, made even smaller by the New York trainers now shipping out of town to avoid all the hassles and make their scores. Which really puts New Jersey in an awkward position. The New Jersey circuit is so very dependant upon same day shippers that for them implementing a six hour detention barn really is a major risk. If they make it too inconvenient for horses to ship in they don't have any racing. But if they keep the status quo they really could benefit at New York's expense.

And so we enter the Brave New World of Racing.

Subject Written By Posted
Some thoughts on the new NYRA policies (513 Views) Thehoarsehorseplayer 04/30/2005 09:47AM
GOLD IN THEM GELDINGS? (322 Views) davidrex 04/30/2005 10:58AM
Re: GOLD IN THEM GELDINGS? (344 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 04/30/2005 11:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.