Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 4 & May 5, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Bellamania (360 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: May 04, 2005 09:49PM

To my knowledge Bellamania has been working alone without work mates. Even then, by reports, he's been less than professionally relaxed. Why they believe he's gonna accept rating from the 16 hole in the next one is a mystery.

We may be talking the next Secretariat, but he's got a very unusal way of moving. Head high, significant vertical head movement, (especially under restraint), a very unusual lock kneed stride. That stride is long though. He really throws it out there and its possible this is what the pro watchers like. To my eye he's a very unappealing mover. However, he's also quicker than I at first thought. He has really pushed out of the gate in my opinion.

The Bad race is that Keeneland Breeders Futurity. He met a good horse there and when he was seriously engaged by another quality horse he responded but when headed he absolutely caved. With that long stride how does this horse respond when challenged? By trying to stride out longer? That may not be possible. By quickening tempo? Well he may have tried that in the Breeders Futurity and lost rhythm.

Even accepting a negative 5 or 120 in the Wood. He has this to overcome:

-Post and an apparent outside trip. They are obviously gonna try to rate him. This horse has had absolute dream holes and dream trips in his prior races;

-The fact that he never has rated;

-More traffic than he has ever encountered. to my eye hes been a left leaner. Problems out of the gate here could put him is a touch spot and maybe Bandini too.

-Possible bounce from a huge effort.

Crist said 3-2 might be good price. 5-2 stealing if he wins. (Wasn't sure you evaluated the odds AFTER the results.) If this horse turns out to be Secretariat or Seattle Slew thats possible. Seattle Slew overcame adversity in his Derby. He wasn't asked to change his style. He just changed it is all. Secretariat ran his race. Both had extensive records of prior accomplishment. This horse doesn't. Who has he beaten. What adversity has he overcome? If he beats you, tip your hat and say "go get them in the next two". He's gonna have to be as special as those others mentioned to be able to do it.

Subject Written By Posted
Bellamy Rd Post (522 Views) mbeychok 05/04/2005 08:53PM
Re: Bellamy Rd Post (329 Views) MO 05/04/2005 09:27PM
Bellamania (360 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/04/2005 09:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.