Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Move up trainers, Oaks, Belmont opener (341 Views)
Posted by: richiebee (IP Logged)
Date: May 05, 2005 11:35AM

TGJ(AHAB)'s comment concerning move up trainers, drug testing and the undercards was made during his analysis of Sis City in the Oaks. Sis City is trained by Moby Dutrow.
Unfortunately, for subscribers to the undercard theory (watching how the trainer's entries run ALLDAY), Dutrow has no entries on the undercard Thursday or Friday.

Dutrow's recent suspension raises a question to me. The positives he is being suspended for occurred in 2003. Would the pre race testing currently in place at NYRA have detected the presence of the banned substances early enough that the horses could have been scratched?

Back to the Oaks .. I'm hoping that Runway Model (Valenzuela) and Summerly (Bailey)have enough speed to stay with Sis City early. Look at the works on Runway Model (May 3- 3f 35.1 B, Apr 28- 4f 48.1 B, April 21 4f- 47.1 B). Although she has shown little early gas in her races, these works, the rail and PVal lead me to believe that she and Summerly can heat up the early pace, setting up Dance Away Capote(who I just heard is scratched) or Memorette (bad trip last time, Desormeaux on, Blanc off).

Totally unrelated, great day at Belmont's 100th opening yesterday. Before the races, they recognized Woody's 5 Belmont wins and let Marshall Cassidy call a race. A very large weekday crowd (message to management of racetracks everywhere-- free admission, free parking, fifty cent weenies-- these kind of things work for some odd reason. I couldn't believe that lines were 30- 40 deep for soda and hot dogs)

Post Edited (05-05-05 11:36)

Subject Written By Posted
move up trainers (573 Views) shanahan 05/05/2005 08:29AM
Move up trainers, Oaks, Belmont opener (341 Views) richiebee 05/05/2005 11:35AM
Re: Move up trainers, Oaks, Belmont opener (324 Views) jbelfior 05/05/2005 12:00PM
Re: Move up trainers, Oaks, Belmont opener (364 Views) richiebee 05/05/2005 12:26PM
Re: Move up trainers, Oaks, Belmont opener (333 Views) shanahan 05/05/2005 08:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.