Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1811 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2002 07:17PM

A Ragozin customer (who has earned the right not to be called a Raggie) asked Friedman why they didn’t post the last race on the Preakness card. Not surprisingly, Len danced the limbo to avoid posting it, trying to shift the focus—-and, not surprisingly, several low-expectation Raggies went right along with his lead. Point is, they CAN’T post it—-if they do, it will be instantly clear to anyone who has followed the discussion here or has any knowledge AT ALL of figure making that the Emperor has no clothes.
Despite there being no weather event (other than the drying that was going on all day), the track was RADICALLY slower for the last race than it was for the previous race. If you download our Preakness Day sheets (still available in ROTW) you will see that the figures we assigned for that race are solid—-in a field of relatively light raced horses, 2 ran small new tops, several ran right around what they were running, and a few ran a few points worse than they were running. To get to that figure I had to use a variant eight (8) points slower than the previous race, which happened to be the Preakness.
Keep in mind the following: Ragozin and I did the same thing with the Preakness (their numbers run a couple of points higher), and they have a stated position of tying the variant for one race to others on the day (and other days, but that’s another conversation). This is how they came up with the terribly slow figures they assigned the race prior to the Preakness (the Schaefer)—-they tied it to the Preakness variant. They’ve also done it on several occasions I’ve pointed out here before—-the ’01 Breeder’s Cup, and two Wood Memorials, for example.
If they post the race, here’s what happens:

1- If they are consistent with their avowed methodology, the figures will come up ridiculously slow—-see what happens if you add 8 points to the race—and it becomes instantly obvious to anyone watching that the theory (dogma) is a joke.

2- If they do what I did to get to correct figures, they know I will jump all over them as hypocrites—-pointing out that this means their reasoning in giving 3 other races that day painfully slow figures doesn’t hold up, to say nothing of the Wood Memorials, B.C., etc.

3- If they hedge and go in-between—-which is probably what they did—-they get it on both counts.

All other reasons for not posting the race are a steaming pile of @#$%& (so to speak, and that doesn’t give any of you the right to curse—-it’s my site). To prove it, let any Ragozin customer post on their site asking for the race so he can shove it up my ass. They won’t post it. Additionally, I will give the Ragozin office $1,000 cash if they post the race and leave it and the rest of the Preakness card up through the Belmont.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1811 Views) TGJB 05/28/2002 07:17PM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1051 Views) nunzio 05/28/2002 07:55PM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1067 Views) TGJB 05/28/2002 08:52PM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1114 Views) Anonymous User 05/29/2002 02:05PM
Lead Changes (1049 Views) Anonymous User 05/29/2002 02:17PM
Re: Lead Changes (987 Views) superfreakicus 05/29/2002 05:17PM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1033 Views) The Kid 05/28/2002 10:32PM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1015 Views) TGJB 05/29/2002 03:18PM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1056 Views) superfreakicus 05/29/2002 04:44AM
Re: The Emperor Is Buck Naked (1013 Views) TGJB 05/29/2002 03:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.