Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Zito, Pletcher and Frankel, Head, Heart and Hooves, Racings Skull and Bones (547 Views)
Posted by: Chuckles_the_Clown2 (IP Logged)
Date: May 08, 2005 06:58PM

Bobby Frankel walks by Nick Zito's Shedrow at Churchill Downs two days before the Derby and sees Nick and Todd Pletcher talking softly in a private conversation:

Bobby: "Howyadoin"

Pletcher: "Howyadoin"

Zito: "Howyadoin"

Bobby: "The heat is on boys, hows a wiseguy suppose to support his family these days?"

Pletcher: "Tellmeaboutit, just try finding a goddamn race worth more than 100,000 that aint a Grade III"

Zito: ---Rolls his eyes and kicks at the backside dirt

Bobby: "Todd, remember when i rigged that B.C. race for Ghostsprinter by having a talk with old man Ramsey and convincing him if he let me slip off we would be 1-2 at the end?"

Pletcher: "Fuhgedabout it Bobbi, that was genius, pure fucking genuis. But hows running 1 - 2 in a 75K race gonna pay for our dinners with the State Horseracing Board commissioners let alone pay our stable help and feed our families? My daughter wants the latest BMW 7 series, you know what I'm saying?"

Zito: --Shakes his head and kicks at the backside dirt.

Bobby: "Fuhgedabout it, my girlfriend wants a new hummer and I told her ** *** **** ** **** ***** "

Zito:-- Frowns and kicks the backside dirt

Bobby: "Hear me out on this, what I'm thinking is that you and I and Nicky here, we run 1 - 2 - 3....

Zito: -- Scratches his head and kicks the backside dirt

Bobby: "....but....we run 1 - 2 - 3 in different races...SEE!"

Pletcher: "You sonofabitch, you may have hit on something there"

Zito: -- Looks up expectantly with a quizzical look on his face.

Bobby: "Exactly, we bogart every race in the country with a big purse that aint a grade III or higher, but we take our turns at em!"

Zito: -- Smiles and straightens himself up

Pletcher: -- "Well what about the fact that owners only shell out the big bucks and send the best horses to the guys that win the Grade I's like we use to? If we ain't winning them we aint gonna get the horses and the owners will send em to guys like Shug and Kimmel and Tagg and Lukas and we'll be left with cheap horses that can't even win ungraded stakes with our help"

Bobby: "Dammit, I hadn't thought of that. Goddamn law enforcment interferring with the working man trying to make an honest days pay"

Pletcher: "Exactly"

Zito: -- Slumps his shoulders and kicks at the backside dirt.

Subject Written By Posted
Zito, Pletcher and Frankel, Head, Heart and Hooves, Racings Skull and Bones (547 Views) Chuckles_the_Clown2 05/08/2005 06:58PM
Re: Zito, Pletcher and Frankel, Head, Heart and Hooves, Racings Skull and Bones (322 Views) jbelfior 05/08/2005 07:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.