Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 4 & May 5, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Forget the Derby (556 Views)
Posted by: DeathBredon (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2005 02:17PM

Although the Derby is impossible to stay away from, as a handipping race its a bad proposition. So many things can happen that is it hard to even attempt to assign reasonable percentages to the possible outcome and make intelligent bets.

Remember, its 20 three-year-old colts going ten panels in the spring carrying 126 pounds in front of 100,000 screaming bourbon tipplers! Also, CD stepped up the drug testing. Hard to predict the outcome and hard to learn much from it either.

Nevertheless, I saw three things in the Derb worth remembering:

1. BR's 7th after suicidal fractions looks creditable. Given some rest, he may yet live up to his billing.

2. Afleet Alex showed guts despite a load of trouble. With a better trip, he juast might have won. (This phrase is accurate about one or more horses almost every year.

3. Anyone who predicted the pace to fall apart completely and Giacomo have to plod home, but cleanly, for the win may spend the money I put in the pool without any grudge on my part! Just don't blow backing G again!

Subject Written By Posted
Forget the Derby (556 Views) DeathBredon 05/09/2005 02:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.