Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Comment + Question to TGraph (939 Views)
Posted by: jimbo66 (IP Logged)
Date: July 11, 2005 12:47PM

I will start with the question. Just wondering if TGraph ever considered offering its customers a monthly subscription fee, instead of charging per track. I am guessing there are a lot of people out there who may play multiple races during a racing day, but not necessarily all the races at a particular track. For instance, some days I might play races at 4 tracks, other days just one track, some days many races, some days a couple races. The nine races from any track on any race day, kind of solves some of this. I am curious though if the "monthly subscription" fee has ever been considered. I know it is a longstanding tradition for "sheets" and "t-graphs" to be $25 per. But monthly subscription might also lock in revenue for T-Graph, while providing flexibility for its customers.

The comment is a jockey gripe, technically not something this board should be used for. I noticed that in the redboard room, whoever did the analysis also selected Reel Legend in the feature at Belmont yesterday. Watching that race, I almost threw my PC monitor through the window. It is an example of another thing that makes this game so hard. The horse had fast dirt numbers on T-Graph and was being pointed to the Belmont before his race on Preakness day. He got a bad start in that race and encountered trouble. Now you have Jimmy Jerkens (a sharp trainer in my book and most people's books), putting an established fast dirt runner, on turf, in a stakes race, well rested. I was hoping for 5-1 or better, but took the 4-1, with one concern. Jose Santos is the jockey. This guy "strangles back" more speed runners than any jockey I have ever seen and is the worst "name" jockey I have seen in the past 15 years. So, do you bet a horse you like on all counts/angles, even if the jockey who is riding is somebody you can't stand and think is one of the worst with a license? I bet the horse. Anybody watch that race? The horse breaks on top in a paceless race. Going into the first turn, santos is choking the horse, pulling on him so hard the horse is almost jumping in the air to escape from the chokehold. Down the backstretch, Santos continues the chokehold for almost 3/4 of a mile. Prado, a jockey with a brain, sees this and goes after the lead and takes it. Santos then pulls the coup de grace and takes the horse all the way back to last entering the far turn. Then, halfway through the stretch, the horse finally has daylight, as Prado has a 7 length lead, and the horse charges home to get beat less than a length.

The worst ride I have seen in quite a while. Although technically he won't get a strong fig from t-graph, since Santos actually stayed in the 1 path, as he strangled the horse relentlessly for almost a mile. I would like to have seen the horse when he came back to the paddock, he probably had broken blood vessels in his eyeballs from being strangled....

Anyway, curious what others out there do when they like a horse on all counts (figure, form, distance, etc) and yet a particular jockey who they think is awful, is riding the horse. I am guessing it is best to stay away. Betting a different horse, and seeing the horse you think is best, win the race, would be even worse in my book.

Subject Written By Posted
Comment + Question to TGraph (939 Views) jimbo66 07/11/2005 12:47PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (560 Views) TGJB 07/11/2005 01:06PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (502 Views) 07/11/2005 01:07PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (489 Views) jimbo66 07/11/2005 01:56PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (476 Views) 07/11/2005 02:14PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (487 Views) gatodelsol 07/11/2005 04:06PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (486 Views) cubfan0316 07/11/2005 07:27PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (426 Views) colt 07/16/2005 02:36PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (403 Views) jimbo66 07/16/2005 09:47PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (508 Views) Michael D. 07/11/2005 01:27PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (458 Views) jimbo66 07/11/2005 02:04PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (424 Views) richiebee 07/12/2005 01:44PM
Re: Comment + Question to TGraph (396 Views) richiebee 07/12/2005 02:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.