Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Fixing Horses Hind Ends (604 Views)
Posted by: Aunstables (IP Logged)
Date: July 22, 2005 12:19AM

I don't know if there are any bloodhorse readers on here but in the July 9th issue Dutrow's assistant Rodriguez is quoted as saying Oflee Wild "came out of the Pimlico Special with a slight hind end problem, When I got him in the morning, he was very weak behind. Dr. Allday fixed him, and he came back and worked five furlongs in :58 3/5."

This is now the third horse I can remember in the last year with quotes from Dutrow or his assistants stating the a horse they recently aquired came in with hind end problems and Allday fixed them up. These horses were Classic Endevor, Wild Desert, and now Oflee Wild. I'm sure there were more that we just have no public record on but I won't speculate.

We all know about Allday, my question is with him working for so many trainers, why has no one been able to figure out how he "fixes" all these horses hind ends so quickly?

Obviously the hind is the power source on a horse and any increase in hind end strength is going to make a horse faster (way too much attention is payed to the front end).

I guess there is too much money involved for someone to divulge this secret, but if everyone had it or it could be eliminated the playing field would be much more even.

I guess for now all we handicappers can do is look for any quotes prior to a big race where it's divulged that they "fixed" the hind end on some horse and go to town for a big score.

Subject Written By Posted
Fixing Horses Hind Ends (604 Views) Aunstables 07/22/2005 12:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.