Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Adding winner's number to the TG info (533 Views)
Posted by: richiebee (IP Logged)
Date: August 16, 2005 08:57AM

Asfufh and CH:

No question, the more info the better. I will take advantage of your brief dialogue to renew a request of my own, a request I made on this board in the past (a lot of TG "purists" hammered me); I approached TGJB about it after one of the Saratoga seminars, and he semed at best lukewarm about it.

My suggestion was (is) that a runner's winning races somehow be indicated on the TG product. Put a "W" next to the number (apologies to fans of the movie "Its a Mad, Mad World") or circle the number (like a birdie on a golf scorecard).

TGs tag line is "Everything You Need to Win". I guess the fear might be that TG users will be exposed to situations where runners posted unimpressive TG#s and somehow managed to win or, on the other hand, posted "tops", only to be beaten. This is part of the puzzle, and why very few of us can "give up our day jobs" to support ourselves as horseplayers.

Even good racehorses win relatively infrequently, and most racehorses rarely win. IMO, these winning efforts are worth noting. TG goes back 4 years into an animal's past where applicable; noting winning efforts would give TG a further advantage over other products (DRF/Equibase) which provide a much shorter time line.

Subject Written By Posted
Adding winner's number to the TG info (955 Views) asfufh 08/15/2005 01:10PM
Re: Adding winner's number to the TG info (585 Views) 08/15/2005 04:23PM
Re: Adding winner's number to the TG info (533 Views) richiebee 08/16/2005 08:57AM
Re: Adding winner's number to the TG info (523 Views) beyerguy 08/16/2005 09:34AM
Re: Adding Vets name (519 Views) Fatso 08/17/2005 10:01AM
Re: Adding Vets name (550 Views) TGJB 08/17/2005 12:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.