Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: This weekend's seminar's at Saratoga (456 Views)
Posted by: NoCarolinaTony (IP Logged)
Date: September 07, 2005 12:47AM

BD

Interesting point you bring up. I believe Jerry whom I've had the pleasure to meet, and the rest of the staff who I've met at varying venues all have been both very personable and willing to help. Ive more or less developed my own "sheet" interpertion/analysis as I don't live in the local NY metro area where the heart of the group is (although I grew up there and miss it). I grew up a DRF guy although there was a point in time I used exclusively a product called FIGS Form wher I found a competitive advantage especially at the meadowlands in the late 80's. As it turned out it was an early competitor to the Sheets and TG. It is then where I grew to respect FIGue making as a key to betting thoroughbreds.

About 2001 I re-explored speed figures and found TG and Sheets both online and started to expermiment with both to some extent. I found TG to be much more user friendly than RAG Sheets. To this day the Sheets make it impossible for a newbie or potential interested customer to even explore their product. To sign up for their board is an act of congress. Once you find their product it is so old fashion and difficult to interpert early on, that I believe they lose customers from the get go let alone their web site requires one congressional aproval to finalaly explore it. Without getting into Jerry's issues, TG is much more usr accesable and intertable than the sheets in my opionin, and I also believe the desire is ther to get things right, maybe to a fault but , with all that being said, the guys and the site really does answer your theoretical questions. They cannot answer specific question about upcoming races as it "lets face it" takes sales away from current products.

I guess what I am saying is you pose an interesting question about a seminar but you need both the days sheets, and the discussions, and the race tapes to get the final picture to see how it came together. I believe if you pose the correct theoretical questions you'll get the answers on this board, which I believe is what Jerry wants and not the other BS rhetoric.

Julian and Alan where very very helpful to me as a newer sheet user trying to break old habits. I now use both DRF and TG but rely on TG for beting and horse performance and DRF to fill the gaps. Where I go wrong is not respecting th horse analysis by TG exclusively and re interject old DRF habits.

Anyway and finaly, I think JB should forget about the RAG board and crticism and solely focus on making his product and web site the best it can be. I don't really know the sales$ difference of either product as it's not public info but from what I can access at Saratoga, the stand was selling more TG than Rags and if Jerry Web sales are much better as (RAGS site is a user nightmare)he says than he does have the Niche he needs to take it to the next level. I believe if he would ever produce a graphical product of all Horses in a race summary superimposed with either a historical view or ...better yet as a projection of the race based upon the data base of info at his disposal he might break some new ground and sales opportunities he's never seen. ( I'm not looking for a job) but think I see a greart marketing opportunity.

In summary, TGJB let the past go and concentrate on the product to make it better. I think you believe it is better and I know the desire and passion is there so JUST DO IT!!

NC Tony

Subject Written By Posted
This weekend's seminar's at Saratoga (754 Views) jimbo66 09/05/2005 11:23PM
Re: This weekend's seminar's at Saratoga (446 Views) NoCarolinaTony 09/05/2005 11:54PM
Re: This weekend's seminar's at Saratoga (468 Views) bdhsheets 09/06/2005 11:47PM
Re: This weekend's seminar's at Saratoga (456 Views) NoCarolinaTony 09/07/2005 12:47AM
Re: This weekend's seminar's at Saratoga (528 Views) TGJB 09/07/2005 01:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.