Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Today at the Inner Tube/ Stronach Millions (837 Views)
Posted by: richiebee (IP Logged)
Date: January 25, 2006 08:51AM

Been watching the races at NYRA for 30 years and dont remember a card like this:

Race 1 10k Claimers (8 wagering interests before scratches)
Race 2 20- 18k Maiden Claimers (9)
Race 3 35k Claimers 3YO (8)
Race 4 NYB MSW (10)
Race 5 15k Claimers (11)
Race 6 25k Claimers (8)
Race 7 50k Claimers (9)
Race 8 ALW/ Opt Claim 25k (14)
Race 9 7.5k Claimers (11)

At about 4:15 PM I should be able to determine whether or not this was a good card.

Meanwhile at the Magna Mall at Hallandale, and at the Shoppes at Santa Anita Frank will run his pet project, the Sunshine Millions, once again (3rd Year?). There seems to be a lot of interest among bettors around these races, and it looks like there will be full fields of quality horses, but the purist and Magnaphobe in me will once again point out that these races are run to the detriment of the Graded Stakes programs at 2 major race tracks.

Have not been following too closely the racing from Gulfstream. Still Calder at Gulfstream during the week? To me this is one of the primary reasons Frank Stro would like to shut down Maryland racing during the winter, hoping to improve the quality of overnight racing at the Gulf. It also looks like Tampa (home of the world's worst track announcer and Margo the amazing expanding paddock girl) is getting more quality horses that may have raced at the Gulf in the past.

Stronach/Magna running NY tracks as a sole proprietor is not likely to happen. The fact that Frank Stro reached out to the Churchill people and the Woodbine people to form an investigatory consortium tells me that in Frank's mind he would not be willing or able to absorb the financial responsibility of running the NY tracks.

Golf note to NC Tony, my favorite Jesuit horseplayer: Client golf in Boca at the end of January??*#@! YOU DA MAN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2006 08:53AM by richiebee.

Subject Written By Posted
Today at the Inner Tube/ Stronach Millions (837 Views) richiebee 01/25/2006 08:51AM
Re: Today at the Inner Tube/ Stronach Millions (499 Views) NoCarolinaTony 01/25/2006 01:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.