Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
The Holy Bull (720 Views)
Posted by: JEB (IP Logged)
Date: February 04, 2006 08:50AM

Love to hear what people think of this race.

So far, the 3yo fields have been pretty deep and pretty balanced. The Sham came up short in horses but the holy bull is not.

Here is what I think:

Barbaro: What do you do with this one? The highweight ran a big 2yo # on the turf and if he can make the change, he could be the standout. Dynaformers are stronger on turf.

Itsallaboutthechase: Ran big in the Aventura and has continued an ascending pattern. Poor post in a big field, off 27 days.

Doctor Decherd: As a 2yo, he bounced terribly after a big#. Drew a nice post but do not like the prior pattern.

Flashy Bull: consistent pattern but has never moved forward enough to get to the point that he is competitive. I am watching for this one in the FOY.

Sunriver: Lightly raced horse, full to Ashado, Pletcher, getting weight from the fav's. Has not moved back yet. Two good runs at 9F. 8/1, I like!!!

Hemingway's Key: Paid a fair amt for this son of notebook. Part of a deep Zito bench. A couple points forward gets him close. Gets 6 pounds from the highweight. Live longshot.

Big Lover: Did not embarass himself at 43-1 in the Aventura and he is not that much slower then most horses in here. Pattern is fair but did back up after a bigger # as a 2yo. Bottom of the exotics.

Fagan's Legacy: did not like in the Aventura and do not like him now. Too slow.

Saint Augustus: Finished 2yo campaign with a nice # to go forward from but bounced horribly to start 3yo campaign. Need to see more first for me to back.

My Golden Song: liked this horse for the Aventura at 7/1. Seems a little slow with this group. Johnnie V picked this one over Sunriver though.

Rehoboth: bad post and 3rd race of the year already. Ran a lifetime best 17 days ago in a sprint beating Fabled. I am not expecting a big run here.

Park Avenue Prince: terrible post but a nice pattern. Gets Dominguez. Needs to move forward. Watching this one down the road.

Analysis: Favorites do not appear invulnerable to me. I think Hemingway's Key has a good chance to move forward at a nice price. I like him and i am boxing him with Sunriver. I will add in Barbaro and Itallboutthechase for my Tri-Box

any other opinions?

Thanks
john b

Subject Written By Posted
The Holy Bull (720 Views) JEB 02/04/2006 08:50AM
Re: The Holy Bull (460 Views) HP 02/04/2006 09:35AM
Re: The Holy Bull (477 Views) Kasept 02/04/2006 09:56AM
Re: The Holy Bull (503 Views) shanahan 02/04/2006 10:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.