Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Strange things happening Sunday at Kee (or maybe not) (737 Views)
Posted by: NoCarolinaTony (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2006 11:52PM

First-

Im sitting in the hotel bar Saturday evening, eating dinner recovering from Saturdays loses and stupid bets (ie Not covering Jazil for instance). I'm sitting reading the form for Sunday when this burly guys half crocked sits down next to me. Tells me he had two horses that Ran Saturday but lost. Steve A is his trainer and assures me that the 5 horse (Steve A's)in Sunday''s Race 1 Baby Race absolutely can't lose. Should go off at 3-1 (actully 9-5 late). And that the double would be 5-2. Both horses win by open lenghts. Yeah the two sort of figured but both were second choices and in fact the 2 in Race 2 was second choice in 4 horse field. The Double with odds on Fav was paying $20 but with the 2 was only paying $13.20. The odd thing about the discussion is that the guy wouldn't disclose his stable name or horses name. He also said he couldn't tell me why the 5 was a lock but he spoke so confidently. Yeah I've heard these stories before but it got me wondering. Does anyone know what Allday Looks like? Does he drink Straight Stoli's?

The second most bizarre thing I saw Sunday was the way Biancones second time starter in the Sunday stakes race off two weeks rest ran. It was bet early. In your face early too. It opened at 3-5, and floated up to off odds at 5-1. I was sitting with solid P3 and P4 bets with the lock 7 in the last race. I knew the bet was fininshed when I saw that flash. Did anyone see that horse turn of foot on the turn? Wow...Keep an eye on that one. Likely was the name.

Finally didn't it seem that Zito was ofer Gulfstream? He's 5 for 9 at kee opening week.

There's magic going on at Keeneland and its right in yours and my face.

NC Tony

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 11:57PM by NoCarolinaTony.

Subject Written By Posted
Strange things happening Sunday at Kee (or maybe not) (737 Views) NoCarolinaTony 04/10/2006 11:52PM
Re: Strange things happening Sunday at Kee (or maybe not) (477 Views) RICH 04/11/2006 08:56AM
Re: Strange things happening Sunday at Kee (or maybe not) (486 Views) big18741 04/11/2006 09:45AM
Re: Strange things happening Sunday at Kee (or maybe not) (457 Views) Ill-bred 04/12/2006 10:27AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.