Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (577 Views)
Posted by: richiebee (IP Logged)
Date: June 26, 2006 12:41PM

Also, in a positive vein, if you are a TG user and exacta player, The New York Handicap was all there for you. Noble Stella and Angara were clearly fastest off my reading of the TGs and combined for a $46 exacta.

Quite unfortunately I am not an exacta player, and probably even more unfortunately, I liked Angara a bit even before looking at the TGs. Win, double, P3 key, P4 key. The answers to your questions are yes, yes and yes.

TG stats revealed that Fernando Jara had ridden 3 winners in 180 races over the turf. The DRF chart of the New York Handicap says that Angara was "rated along the outside, put in a 3 wide run on the second turn, and finished gamely outside".

The time for this Grade II was a glacial 2:08.1, the mile in 1:43.1. I would be interested to know how a figure maker would evaluate the condition of Saturday's course (obviously the only turf race of the day). And how to evaluate whether Angara may have been running on ground better than runners inside of her. The old
"what if the lost ground is the best ground?" quandry.

Assuming a sound exit, I would like to see William I Mott place this 5 year old daughter of Alzao back in against Gr I company. I think she is capable of challenging the best older turf mares in NA (none of whom can challenge Ouija Board it would seem) (might be a moot point, OB looks like she might be pointed to run v males on BC day).

I wouldn't even mind if Mott rode young Jara back. It would help the price, and the mare actually ran very well for Jara, even though she may have run an extra 1/16th of a mile or so.

Michael D was supporting Noble Stella through some bad trips this Spring. I hope he capitalized on Saturday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2006 12:42PM by richiebee.

Subject Written By Posted
MAJESTIC ZEAL (944 Views) jbelfior 06/26/2006 09:15AM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (612 Views) JJP 06/26/2006 10:12AM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (528 Views) Ill-bred 06/26/2006 02:18PM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (577 Views) richiebee 06/26/2006 12:41PM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (537 Views) jbelfior 06/26/2006 01:57PM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (478 Views) NoCarolinaTony 06/27/2006 12:24AM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (575 Views) Michael D. 06/26/2006 02:31PM
Re: MAJESTIC ZEAL (585 Views) richiebee 06/26/2006 09:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.