Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Del Mar Opening Day (671 Views)
Posted by: P-Dub (IP Logged)
Date: July 20, 2006 05:54PM

Just got back from Opening Day.

Before I get to the racing, let me just say this...........I could not believe the amount of beautiful women I say yesterday. I'm talking drop dead gorgeous. All ages, sizes, ethnicities. They were wearing very attractive dresses, plenty of cleavage (in addition to the Hat contest, it was also No Bra Day), beautiful from head to toe. I was expecting to see plenty of them, but even my lofty expectations were FAR exceeded.

We stupidly decided to eat lunch before we left for the track. Bad idea. Leaving at 12:40, it took us 2 full hours to go 5 miles and park in the outer lot. Got there just in time for the 3rd. Traffic was horrific, made worse by people weaving in and out changing lanes. I swore I would never be back for another opening day (then I saw the women). Next year we will get there when the gates open.

We hung out on the 4th level. The bottom levels were oppresively hot and muggy (the 3rd level is covered by the grandstand above and was ridiculously overcrowded). 4th level is outside with a nice view of the track, manageable lines for wagering, food/drink. Despite seats being sold out, we had no problems finding empty seats to watch the races. Del Mar is a place where you don't want to sit in your seat all day.

Had a very good day using TG. Not any real longshots, but we hit some P3s several times, a couple nice Supers (the 8th was very gettable - $440), and some winners paid well enough...including both Oceanside races which coupled with the chalky 7th and 9th produced a decent P3/4 to end the day. The 8th exacta paid a very nice $19 which we had many times.

With 42k in attendance, we decided to kill a few hours and quench our thirst in the Whittingham Pub playing harness racing from Balmoral and Cal Expo. We weren't going to sit in traffic all over again. Not really knowing what we were doing, we bought a program and handicapped purely on final time analysis. Somehow we hit a couple decent exactas and tris, won a couple hundred bucks, and that paid for dinner.

Opening Day at Del Mar has joined Big Cap weekend on our racing must attend list. I hope you all had a good day playing yesterdays card, we sure had a lot of fun. Needless to say, I highly recommend opening day to anyone who wants to enjoy a day at the racetrack.

P-Dub

Subject Written By Posted
Del Mar Opening Day (671 Views) P-Dub 07/20/2006 05:54PM
Re: Del Mar Opening Day (410 Views) 1st time lasix 07/21/2006 10:28AM
Re: Del Mar Opening Day (400 Views) brokerstip 07/21/2006 12:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.