Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: the frizette (603 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: October 17, 2006 04:17PM

Michael, funny you mention this, because I just did the day, and then looked to see what Beyer did. If you think that Beyer was low, you should have seen what it would have been if he didn't break it out. As it turned out, he did the same thing I did, breaking it out and ending up with the same relationship between the two 2yo stakes. I made them both slightly faster than he did.

I don't know what happened with the Frizette. There was an awful lot of wind, which may have had something to do with the slow time (either with gusts or by drying the track). There was also a very hot pace, which alternatively could mean the race simply collapsed. I broke it out because if I did so I could come up with a variant that had several fillies running very close to what they had been running, others running worse, and none running new tops. If you did the race at the same variant as the Champagne, everyone would go back at least 4-5 points.

In general, my rule is you don't break a race out just because doing it with the day is obviously wrong-- you have to know what the right correction is, with a high degree of probability. If I don't I leave a box, and if I'm not completely certain-- and I'm not with the Frizette-- I go back and review it. I just did my weekly reviews today, and changed two races-- one at Delaware, one at Turfway.

Subject Written By Posted
the frizette (827 Views) Michael D. 10/17/2006 03:50PM
Re: the frizette (603 Views) TGJB 10/17/2006 04:17PM
Re: the frizette (541 Views) miff 10/17/2006 05:22PM
Re: the frizette (616 Views) TGJB 10/17/2006 05:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.