Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Thoro-Patterns: The Breeders Cup Classic (1165 Views)
Posted by: Michael D. (IP Logged)
Date: October 26, 2006 04:54PM

based on thoro-graph thoro-patterns:

bernardini - fast and ready to pair or run a new top.
brother derek - pretty fast, should be able to run his race. not looking for a new top though.
david junior - pretty fast, but going from turf to dirt. ? .
flower alley - past figures, but like most of the older horses, is more likely to go back than forward, and he hasn't run very fast in '06.
george washington - turf to dirt?
giacomo - not a bad pattern, pair or back likely though. foresee a :27 last quarter though? i don't.
invasor - sample size here is a bit small, and you also have the layoff, which confuses things further, but a pair is possible. trainer does fine with layoffs.
lava man - 40% off, 35% X !!! doesn't look good, and the sample size is 1,496 races. sorry.
lawyer ron - last was decent, and t-p says a pair is very possible. also gets weight. oh yeah - first pletcher (& possibly first JR).
perfect drift - love the switch to gomez, and love the pace setup, but t-p same as LM's - small backwards move at best.
premium tap - little chance of a new top. pair or backwards move likely. i will toss the desormeaux disaster, but negative '1' look like best hope.
suave - little chance of a new top. pair or backwards likely.
sun king - little chance of a new top. pair looks possible though, which pattern wise, makes him more attractive than the other older horses.
super frolic - little chance of a new top. pair within reach, backwards likely.

conclusion - the patterns on the tough older horses don't look so tough. while you should never expect big new tops out of older horses, some of these patterns look downright ugly. i think i'm with the 3 and 3.5 year olds.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 05:59PM by Michael D..

Subject Written By Posted
Thoro-Patterns: The Breeders Cup Classic (1165 Views) Michael D. 10/26/2006 04:54PM
Re: Thoro-Patterns: The Breeders Cup Classic (804 Views) marcus 10/27/2006 07:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.