Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
ROTW; How Much More Likely? (1303 Views)
Posted by: Mall (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2002 10:50PM

According to the analysis, Capsized is "much more likely" to bounce than pair. However, according to my interpretation of the TG figures(the others are dramatically different), Capsize can bounce & still win and/or fill out the exotics, assuming the so called "big bounce" is avoided. Based on research I have seen, the chance of Capsized running within 2 pts of his last race is about 47%, while the chance of a big bounce is around 22%, which means that it is a chance worth taking at 12-1. Ms. Lewis has a 43% win rate at the meet & while she has never won a graded stake, her itm% for the last 9 is 44%. One of the reasons offered in support of a bounce is that Capsized had soundness issues, evidenced by 5 starts in a 2 yr stretch. But Pyrus, the horse Capsized beat last time from the 10 hole, which is said to be a "contender at a price", had 3 races over a two yr period if the same logic is used. Capsized's no. of starts since he returned to the races more than a yr ago is very much in line with the other starters in this race. The Qs, which are always there at 12-1, that I see are the fact that Santos has taken the horse wide each of the 3 times he got the mount & the possibility that the horse moves up just a bit if the turf is off.

BTW, it's probably none of my business, but where is it written that the ROTW has to be a stakes race? Why not pick the race or races which illustrate your theories the best & more importantly, offer the best betting opportunities? The 3rd & 6th tomorrow seem to me like they might fit into the latter category.

Subject Written By Posted
ROTW; How Much More Likely? (1303 Views) Mall 08/23/2002 10:50PM
Re: ROTW; How Much More Likely? (685 Views) derby1592 08/24/2002 01:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.