Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Appeal to Youth (613 Views)
Posted by: stillinger (IP Logged)
Date: September 27, 2007 09:03PM

I experienced a recent reminder that among things currently challenging our game is the lack of devotion shown it by our youth. I think this is in part, as many would agree, due to the faster paced and "easier" ways to engage entertainment dollars in a text message, ring tone, ecstasy consuming world, one in which horse racing might sound like crocheting; definitely outdated, add pricey, time consuming, and irrelevant.

If you are in Cambridge currently, wondering where to go in the City for the week end, here's a thought that isn't popular but will bear scrutiny.

As a member of this board, I think under the handle of Silver Charm stated, the Leverage in this Game, is the player's ability to not bet, not even ante, until he/she considers themselves to be in possession of HOLE CARDS. Marketing Majors will recognize that it is in the perceived interest of authors, commentators, track management, etc., to describe this game in ways that lead you to believe other than that, while paying it lip service.

The biggest scores in this game, for a racing fan, occur in a manner akin to Discovery of the Obvious. If you like watching horses race, start an objective evaluation of this game, one that rewards successful speculation, while grinding gamblers to dust with a huge take, and about which there is much confusion, which can work for you, should you be patient and persistent; but you have to love it or you won't pay enough - attention - to see what could be obvious.

It can be that simple.
Sunday at Belmont would be a great day to see for yourself.
Mastering the Obvious is great sport.

skip

(you are free to send grammar for grandfather messages to me here,
but I will say in my defense that racetrack parlance over uses the
present tense, we are very now oriented)

Subject Written By Posted
Appeal to Youth (613 Views) stillinger 09/27/2007 09:03PM
Re: Appeal to Youth (352 Views) Silver Charm 09/27/2007 09:17PM
Re: Appeal to Youth (357 Views) stillinger 09/27/2007 09:41PM
Re: Appeal to Youth (347 Views) Silver Charm 09/27/2007 09:49PM
Re: Appeal to Youth (393 Views) stillinger 09/27/2007 10:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.