Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
The revelation: for Girly, an imposition no doubt (498 Views)
Posted by: stillinger (IP Logged)
Date: September 30, 2007 04:51AM

I asked the mgt if I could go on record here with my "CONVERSION" story, and they didn't say no, so this is what I would tell a student in Cambridge if I were building a trading firm: (I used to be a head hunter, especially Financial Services/It archetecture in the City), and recruited people that were several tiers ahead of me in the formal school department, at the Pentagon, in the Harvard Club in Boston, etc. I would share the history of the modern game is over view, as below and then I would illustrate how fun an internet world is if you go back to punch card programs and driving to the track early to steal Dave Feldman's chart books from his office - he told me later in Milano's that I understood horses, and I swooned.

In the 60's clay in non winterized tracks got humid, and you could send speed sometimes in the summer, that could break the bank. One day Highlands Kid, $39.00, Dagda $53.00, Battle Star for Wm Hal Bishop $30, and just on surface and remembering who could leave.

In the 70's winter racing spread sand everywhere so know you have to get it wet.
Beyer publishes and it tighens up, speed figs are mainstream now.

In the 80's I wanted reruns on tape and got a "C" band system from a consultant that asked me to help on something in the city which I did, and always had NY reruns since then, Harvey Pack for years, et. And I was in a race book that gave me an edge for a little while, because I knew how fast Sunny Blossom was, etc.
Electronic pace programs make an impact and speed starts to lose value.

IN the 90's parimutuel at the Lake, and over this decade my core business of speed on the front surface, gave way to about 9 plays by September. Standard had been about 20-25 dominant speed, 75%. I was trying to be a 2k spot player and folding back to $500 a lot and missing good ones, etc., and associating with NON players, because there weren't any in South Lake, or Reno that I saw. TVG allowed me to stay next door in a cabin of my own, but isolated me. That accounts for much of my enthousiasm here. as do my expectations.

911: The search firm I founded when I left GTE is no longer possible for me to use for backup, and I lose my nerve, retreat from Tahoe, family deaths, challenged children, start over for charity on Sabbath, two years ago, then realize God might want to feed my children and I bet Teammate and am carrying on the win pool mentality lest the Collective lose its roots.
skip
Here's the story:
Performance drives pace which makes the race, not as pace players think which is the reverse, you have to have horse, and motive and ENERGY. But I have been making figures in my head for 20 years, and not calling them anything to make sure I could do custom work, Impressionism. Now, for a very reasonable amount, I get the picture, and can concentrate on the deal.

How long can this last? How can this not self destruct? If you need someone to sweep up around the office, I will come and stay with my sister in law in CT, and she hates me; that's how much fun this will be. To really test this water, I will say only this once that I have used Silva Unltra Mind, Holosync, Sedona Metod,bio energy consultants, homeopaths (lac caninum right now) and neighbors to prepare for this campaign which is just now going to an offensive posture in earnest. I dreamed this.

For the record, I allude to being crazy. I had three manic episodes when in my thirties, first untreated, (30yo) but a BK, then hospitalized at 34-35, went on lithium but that was early enough they didn't tell me not to drink and I thought that was the only was to do business, in the cocktail hour or on the road, when everyone felt good. it worked, but it used me up, and after a quick start up that worked ok, I really had a meltdown, hallucinations mammy, etc.

Because my partner told everyone in the community and people knew about the first time, I was no longer employable in the CHGO metro, where I had had a good rep as a crisis IT director. Racing! Then AP burned, and I had to rehab my house and move to Vegas, only on the way I saw Tahoe. I have been blessed with hard times; this isn't one of them if I get the picture, as dad would have said.

And I am not manic though it might seem from time to time....
Nashoba's Key was my conversion. I would always have wanted Citronnade, and not gone to the best one who had to catch up. This says everything to me about my future, and the book I would love to write.

Subject Written By Posted
The revelation: for Girly, an imposition no doubt (498 Views) stillinger 09/30/2007 04:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.