Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Good Card at Santa Anita: Here's My Analysis (723 Views)
Posted by: Dana666 (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2007 12:18PM

Race One
(5) Sweet August Moon: Has the look of a very classy router, had trouble in stakes debut, so must use here!
(6) Unspoken Fur: Still a race or two away from her best; big strong filly is clearly being raced into shape.
(4) Street Zoning: Speedy sort is likely to battle with (1) Royal Humor, and they are both likely to be overhauled by my top two late!

Race Two
Pass
(6) runners

Race Three
Pass
(6) runners

Race Four
(3) Hilogold: Perhaps turf will be the answer for this filly’s future, she’s certainly bred for it!
(2) Elinvar: Expensive filly deserves a long look in this field of underachievers.

Race Five
(7) Conclave: Should get a nice stalking trip here, but must hold off any closers.
(6) Longhorn: Monteleone claim looks to be the closer in a speed-packed field – Espinoza should have him rolling late, so look out folks!

Race Six
(2) Tribal Chief: Gets a nice trip inside – I think he has yet to show his best -- this one clearly has some class.
(4) Two Tone Roan: I believe this guy will improve as the distance gets longer, should be closing strongly with Espinoza.

Race Seven
(5) Vice Admiral: 8 second place finishes in 12 races!!! You can’t love that statistic, but I still think he’s got serious class edge on his fellow Cal-Breds here – he ran a decent second to Frank the Barber & what odds would Frank the Barber be here -- 3-5 ???? He was completely blocked in his last race and didn’t run a step, so he's nice and fresh for smokin' Joe .
(9) Surf Town: Can compete if he runs back to his solid earlier efforts – O’Neill + Court + tactical speed = victory???
(10) Master Heat: Is best when he can make one run, not like the way he ran at Fairplex, but I’ll say he doesn’t win very often, so he’s hard to take on top.
(3) Ballestero: Did finish ahead of Surf Town at Del Mar, but I’m still not sold on this one’s chances today.
(6) Mandate to Fly: Won very easily over a weak field at Fairplex, hard to gauge now???
(4) Iron Duke: Had a nice ride to defeat a weak bunch at Fairplex, this would seem a big step up.

Race Eight
(4) Magic Label: This girl can run a little, but Flores must work out a trip.
(8) Warren’s Mystery: Seems to be improving now, and should get a stalking trip, then she’ll have to hold off any closers.
(13) Downtown Lover: I think she’s improving, and should get a decent trip from her outside post, she was stuck on the rail in both her last starts and now moves outside -- I do believe she can run a little.
(9) Soda Pop Syd: I’m surprised if she was MC Baze’s choice though she looked a little better at Del Mar, I’m still not completely sold on her chances.
(2) Bug in a Rug: Has some speed, but she’s little, and the longer they go, the worse her chances are.
(10) Taulin: Got very tired at Del Mar and has been off again, not sure.
(3) Larue: Talamo staying is a plus, but I’m just not sure this girl can run, even for Koriner.

Good Luck Everyone! Go get that pick six carryover!

Subject Written By Posted
Good Card at Santa Anita: Here's My Analysis (723 Views) Dana666 10/12/2007 12:18PM
Re: Good Card at Santa Anita: Here's My Analysis (382 Views) Rick 10/13/2007 01:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.