Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Today's Pick Six Analysis at Santa Anita (595 Views)
Posted by: Dana666 (IP Logged)
Date: October 14, 2007 02:05PM

Santa Anita Pick Six Analysis
Sunday October 14, 2007.

RACE FIVE
(9) Semi Lost: Couldn’t do much versus 50K claimers in route return, but I like this cutback move for Mullins – if he can still run at all he may be long gone despite plunging in class.
(10) Indian Weaver: Figures to get a great trip from his outside post, he’s fresh and working well for his new barn – he sure doesn’t like to win, but could win this by default!
(6) Beltline Jack: Might be coming around again as the grass try wasn’t terrible – he could make an impact here!
(7) Wild Nekia: Had some mild run in last, then put his nose up and spun wheels late and finished well again when clear, certainly not the bravest sort.

RACE SIX
I’d love to wheel this race in the pick six if I had the cash!
(12) Tropical Bid: Certainly looks like a maiden claimer to me, but she did finish a bit at Del Mar splitting a 53K Maiden Special Weight field; there is a lot of speed signed up here and Solis may be able to run them down late – they are all pretty cheap fillies.
(2) Ellie’s Buddha: Is at the proper level now; she looked fine physically in last, she just couldn’t match strides with better foes – I’d giver her a long look as the speed of the speeds in here.
(7) Games We Play: Is certainly fit now, but she too needs the drop to this level – Pedroza would be smart to take her just off the pace here.
(5) Queens Boulevard: Is a cheap moving sort who improved at Fairplex and seems to be training well over the surface – I’d probably use her here.
I looked at most of the others –
(3) Black Point: Ok enough mover with speed, but she’s kind of small, and I wouldn’t think she’d be able to clear these.
(9) Casting my Spell: Does not move well at all.
(8) Partner in Crime: Short strider didn’t finish well at Fairplex.
(10) Le Florian: Hardly ran at all, may need racing.

RACE SEVEN
Seems pretty darn wide open???
(12) Runners go

RACE EIGHT
(4) Silky Smooth: Lots to like here for Mullins; she won well at Del Mar and has been rested for this – she’s a strong, good-looking filly – my only question is why she didn’t gallop out much after winning at Del Mar – then again, they came home around :45 seconds for the last half mile!
(10) Missvinski: Seemed to run in spots at Belmont and in France she couldn’t finish off Darjina after leading in the last 100 meters; I think she may have bled – Julio has handled her with kid gloves in the mornings – she’s kind of one-paced, but she should be finishing in here.
(9) Model: Has done all that’s been asked of her so far; I’ll say her last race didn’t indicate to me that she’s dying to do more, but she’s one of the main closers in this speed-packed field, so I have to consider her chances – supposedly she worked head and head with Monte Bajo, a strong Drysdale male maiden.
(2) Supposition: Good-looking Frankel filly has been unable to finish in both US starts, and I’m not sure why – she does exit legit Grade I’s, but I wasn’t impressed with her; the clockers like her recent works, but I’m a bit cautious with this girl.

RACE NINE
This race lacks a clear pacesetter, so that makes it a bit hard to gauge!
(2) Street Boss: Ran a tremendous race in defeat; this is a real serious racehorse by any standard – just needs a clear trip. I think he’s the best horse in here – period.
(3) Lendell: His win over cheaper foes was very impressive – he galloped out very well, too – he obviously loves this surface – a good long shot to complete the exotics!
(5) Major Pleasure: His win in January over Albertus Maximus is hard to fault; he’s very handy, too – I wish I knew why Espinoza is not riding him back? His works look super, too.
(7) Hurry Up Austin: Ran well enough versus some good competition last winter; the clockers love his works, too, but I think he’ll need a race or two and this is no easy spot to return.

RACE TEN
(6) Lower the Rate: Ran well enough against tougher foes; I suspect she’ll be a single on more than a few pick six tickets.
(10) No Cream Or Sugar: Showed some life in last try with Lasix added; she still looks like she’s not getting all her air – but not the worst moving sort, just stiffened up a little late.
(8) Mangyan Model: Has run some OK races, so she probably has a shot in here.
(9) Perfect Cast: Barn’s been hot, and this is a suspect bunch of fillies she faces for her first start; I suppose I’d give her a shot versus these.
(7) Colony Trick: At least she worked longer than the race, so she might not be the worst long shot for low-profile Dominguez barn.
(4) Lunar Mystery: MC Baze hops aboard, and Vienna scored yesterday with a similar looking bomb in a maiden race – who knows?

Subject Written By Posted
Today's Pick Six Analysis at Santa Anita (595 Views) Dana666 10/14/2007 02:05PM
Re: Today's Pick Six Analysis at Santa Anita (435 Views) spa 10/14/2007 02:21PM
Re: Today's Pick Six Analysis at Santa Anita (420 Views) Dana666 10/14/2007 02:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.