Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Scan Bets & Other Stuff (817 Views)
Posted by: Mall (IP Logged)
Date: November 03, 2002 04:08PM

1. Matt Hegarty's article today confirms what I said early yesterday morning about the pk4s & supers, but it turns out that it goes beyond those bets. As a result of reviewing posts on a site which a regular contributor to this Bd recommended(thanks again), I learned that all of the bets which are handled on a delayed basis, as well as how they are handled between the host & remote sites, are explained in pages 10-11 & 28-32 of a document entitled Inter Tote System Protocol. Believe it or not, it's available to one & all on the TRA site in case, as one clever gentleman pointed out, you want to start your own tote system at home. To me, it seems like a starting point blueprint for hacking into a system which Autotote is saying cannot be hacked into. Didn't the guys who hacked into the Defense Dept & IBM say that it was just such statements, which they interpreted as a challenge, which motivated them?

2. There had to be a way for Harn to identify the bet he ended up changing. Published reports indicate that each bet is assigned a serial or account number, but it is unclear if that same system is used for telephone betting. Once the system used to track telephone bets is known, the particulars of how they pulled off the scam & who else was involved, should be a lot clearer.

3. Both have lawyered up, as they say on tv crime shows, & I have seen some comments that it is interesting that Harn ends up with a Long Island attorney who claims on his website that he has experience representing organized crime. As far as I can tell, such experience is very limited, & in fact the lawyer seems to spend a great deal of his time defending DUIs & being a political candidate for the Libertarian Party.

4. Thanks for the heads up HP, though the problem with these calls is that you can only ask questions if you are a financial analyst. Insofar as it is possible, Beyer captured them pretty well in one of his recent columns.

5. JB: The idea of a letter writing campaign is a good one & I hope everyone who reads your post takes you up on it, though I honestly think that such a letter might compromise some of what I'm trying to accomplish behind the scenes.

6. For those looking for a narrow topic for such a letter, how about the idea while Mr Quinn is a great guy & his books are fine, confidence is not going to be restored because he is part of the task force. I don't know him personally, but have read that he is a "brother can you spare a dime" kind of character around the track, and that some of what he has said demonstrates a lack of understanding of the basic principles of physics. In truth, those things don't really matter to me, because what this task force needs is someone who is known to be a major player himself and/or an advocate players. If you send a letter, don't be shy about identifying who that might be.

Subject Written By Posted
PK 4s & Supers Too. (1343 Views) Mall 11/02/2002 09:41AM
Re: PK 4s & Supers Too. (710 Views) TGJB 11/02/2002 05:04PM
Scan Bets & Other Stuff (817 Views) Mall 11/03/2002 04:08PM
Re: Scan Bets & Other Stuff (834 Views) TGJB 11/03/2002 04:31PM
Re: Scan Bets & Other Stuff (794 Views) derby1592 11/03/2002 05:34PM
Re: Scan Bets & Other Stuff (912 Views) ed overdyk 11/03/2002 09:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.