Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Groundgate (1052 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: November 02, 2002 06:22PM

Friedman has made the mistake of posting again on the question of the errors the Ragozin office made with BC numbers, when he should have kept his mouth shut. This is reminiscent of last years BC, when I pointed out the dead rail-- he admitted that half the horses who raced outside ran tops that day while none of the horses who raced inside did, but insisted there was no dead rail. This year, he has gone into all kinds of ridiculous defenses, when he should have said we checked it, we blew it, we'll fix it. But that was never going to happen, was it-- and the ones who will bear the brunt are those who bet off their data.

1- Friedman has now attempted to make the discussion about the "fan out". The fan out takes place when the horses LEAVE the turn, and has nothing to do with the issues here. He also still seems to think that centrifugal force only exists at the end of the turn.

2- There is no issue of "fan out" with Touch Of The Blues. They have him on the rail, he was in the 4 path ON THE TURN, as anyone who watches can see.

3- Again, Composure was INSIDE SFF for the whole turn EXCEPT for the part Friedman says they don't count, yet they show her (and presumably did her figure) as WIDER than SFF. That alone should make clear that Friedman's explanation is a crock-- they don't even do what he is claiming they do.

4- I love Friedman's explanation of how they decided "not" to use fan out-- Ragozin noticed 1/4 point discrepencies. Forget the huge errors in methodology (and resultant huge errors in figures) that I have pointed out in the past, forget that the data we all use to make our figures is not 1/4 point accurate (see BC ground), forget that they are asking everyone to take Ragozin's judgement and Friedman's credibility on faith (see Touch Of The Blues)-- as has been pointed out here often, not that many horses pair up on Ragozin. Do you really think he did a study of the ones that did, and cross referenced it with "fan out"? And isn't this kind of fudging to pair up horses what they accuse me of doing?

5- I also love Friedman defending himself by citing good results he had using sheets in the 60's and 70's, when no-one had good figures, there were no Beyer figures, and less than 10 people used Ragozin. As we all know, there have been no advances in any field since then.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Groundgate (1052 Views) TGJB 11/02/2002 06:22PM
Re: Groundgate (721 Views) mike holbert 12/10/2002 11:12PM
What Do It Mean? (621 Views) Mall 12/10/2002 11:44PM
Re: What Do It Mean? (645 Views) mike holbert 12/11/2002 04:38AM
Re: What Do It Mean? (650 Views) nicely nicely 12/11/2002 05:41PM
Re: Groundgate (700 Views) TGJB 12/11/2002 04:40PM
Re: Groundgate (657 Views) HP 12/11/2002 05:01PM
Re: Groundgate (663 Views) mike holbert 12/12/2002 01:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.