Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: ROTW (793 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: January 12, 2003 04:16AM

I have to go along with the ROTW analysis this time. This clearly looks like a 2-horse race to me.

Bonapaw is the horse to beat and will not be hooking up with horses like Congaree and Orientate in this race. When he can press or set a reasonable pace he is very tough to beat. He also does seem to be cycling back to a good race and he loves FG. However, he may be a race away from a top effort.

Talknow is clearly the value play. 10-1 seems very generous to me if it holds up. At the weights, he has a decent shot to beat Bonapaw. He also seems to be cycling back to a good race. He has always been heavily raced and his fall freshening was his first break ever and had to do him some good. His trainer always races them into shape (take a look at his terrible layoff and 2nd off layoff stats) and this will be his third race after the freshening. Ideally, I would like to wait about a month to play him but all his other tops have come on short rest and he looks to be sitting on a big race. He has plenty of speed but can also layoff the pace and he may be sitting in the garden spot when they turn for home. If Bonapaw runs anything less than his best, Talknow is liable to pull the upset.

A win bet on Talknow along with an exacta box with Bonapaw looks like the obvious play.

Regarding Mountain General. I think the big effort two back took its toll and he will need something close to that to beat Bonapaw and Talknow and I don't think he will deliver it tomorrow. He looks to be a good bet against.

The rest seem too slow to do much damage unless Cojet jumps way up or Early Flyer is ready to fire off the bench. Those two are the most likely to fill out the trifecta.

Good luck to all.

Chris

Subject Written By Posted
ROTW (1248 Views) kevin s 01/12/2003 02:17AM
Re: ROTW (793 Views) derby1592 01/12/2003 04:16AM
Re: ROTW (736 Views) OPM 01/12/2003 05:02AM
Bonapaw (737 Views) Mall 01/12/2003 03:32PM
Re: Bonapaw (719 Views) derby1592 01/12/2003 09:22PM
Re: Bonapaw (732 Views) OPM 01/13/2003 12:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.