Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Clarification on Survey trainer stat question (1117 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: February 10, 2003 08:27PM

I don't want to bias the survey results. I just want to make sure people understand one of the survey questions. Any of the TG folks are welcome to clarify even further.

The question I wanted to clarify is "Would you prefer the current format of Trainer Stats (percentages) or would you prefer a breakdown based on Thoro-Graph figures?"

This may not be clear to some.

The current stats are in percentages. For example, you can see that a trainer wins 12%and runs in the money 30% of the time after a layoff of 90 days or more.

A breakdown based on Thoro-Graph figures might look something like this (I am not sure exactly how TG would break down and present this information so this is just one rough example): The trainer's horses equal their top or run a new top 50% of the time, they run within 5 TG pts of their top 40% of the time and they run more than 5 TG pts worse then their top 10% of the time first time out after a layoff of 90 days or more.

This information might be further broken out by age and or sprint/route etc. Again, I am not sure what TGJB has in mind.

I just wanted to make sure those of you filling out the survey understood the basic difference between the two types of information referred to in the question. I have a strong opinion but I will let you decide for yourselves what would be more useful.

Chris

Subject Written By Posted
Clarification on Survey trainer stat question (1117 Views) derby1592 02/10/2003 08:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.