Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  The Modesty Stakes Churchill May 3, 2024  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Some really important sheet format questions (1184 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: February 10, 2003 08:46PM

OK I am being facetious but I am curious. Besides, I figured TGJB deserved a "softball" for a change.

A while back TGJB provided a reasonable rationale for doing the "non-western" non-intuitive backwards scale for TG figs (i.e., smaller is better). I always thought that Ragozin did it that way because he was naturally anti-establishment. (I will not bring up the fact that the rationale breaks down once you assign a negative figure.)

In fact, I am surprised that the TG "graph" goes from left to right (higher numbers to the right). To be consistently inconsistent I would have expected the opposite.

Actually, the more conventional/intuitive approach would be for the "graphs" to have the dates go left to right (time on the x axis) and the figs go from bottom to top (performance on the y axis) with the 2 year old year as a top row on the sheet, 3 year old year just below in the second row, etc.

Any logical rationale why TG "graphs" don't look more like the graphs in my son's Algebra book?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Chris

Subject Written By Posted
Some really important sheet format questions (1184 Views) derby1592 02/10/2003 08:46PM
Re: Some really important sheet format questions (651 Views) TGJB 02/11/2003 01:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.