Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Are you a"lone" are are you "ciding" with someone in the ROTW? (1143 Views)
Posted by: derby1592 (IP Logged)
Date: March 07, 2003 08:42PM

Good analysis in this weeks ROTW.

I pretty much agree with the analysis except for one horse: Lone Star Sky.

Lone Star Sky certainly does not look like a Derby winner but I think he has a legitimate shot to run well in this race. He did react badly to a very fast July figure but that was over 8 months ago. Since then he has had a freshening and got back to that top in his second start at 3. I agree that there is a chance that he still has soundness problems and could react to that level again but I think there is also a chance that he is feeling good right now and ready to run a big new top. He has the sort of line that looks like he might explode on Sunday and then fall apart after that. He also has a couple of races over the tricky FG surface and a good post and local trainer. He may not win it but he could be a factor at a price.

I would agree that Funny Cide is faster stronger but I think both he and Lone Star Sky are the value in the race. That said, if the two favorites fire again, FC and LSS will be battling it out for the show spot.

Good luck.

Chris

Subject Written By Posted
Are you a"lone" are are you "ciding" with someone in the ROTW? (1143 Views) derby1592 03/07/2003 08:42PM
Re: Are you a"lone" are are you "ciding" with someone in the ROTW? (697 Views) OPM 03/07/2003 11:48PM
Re: Are you a"lone" are are you "ciding" with someone in the ROTW? (767 Views) Mall 03/08/2003 06:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.